005| 𝐥𝐮𝐬𝐭, 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠

In the Allegory of Prudence by Simon Vouet, the Classical Virtue Prudence is shown staring into a mirror to a mirror to signify wise conduct through self-knowledge

The figure of Truth is holding the mirror which signifies the reflection isn't meant to lie. Time is strategically positioned below the Truth because the truth is revealed over time.

|

"SORRY TO BOTHER you, Mr. Kang, but I wanted to know if I could use your phone. I need to call a cab to get home but my phone's dead."

"You're the boy that visits the Choi's, right?" The question sounded polite in its delivery, but its gingery undertones gave the curious inquiry a harsh, intrusive edge. In arrogant triumph, the corner of Pluto's mouth quirked, knowing the blonde didn't appreciate the presence of someone closer to San than he would ever be.

"Yeah, I am." Pluto affirmed, the skeptics in Yeosang's gaze making the welcome mat at the front door feel all the more misleading.

"What happened to your eye?"

Pluto's hand instinctively reached up to the body part in question, feigning a laugh in good humor. "My eyes are really irritated. I must've rubbed them so much that I popped a blood vessel. Allergies, right?" As if on cue, a cough from his abused throat rippled through his chest, solidifying his cover up.

Pluto suppressed an eye roll when Yeosang regarded him once more. He hoped the neck bruises from tonight's earlier events were hidden under his hood, because Mr. Kang was searching for any reason to not let him in. He thought he would finally infiltrate Yeosang's home when the latter muttered 'fine', but all he did was give him his cell phone, keeping him under his careful watch. "Hurry up."

"Um, sorry if this is too much to ask, but could I also get some eye drops? If you have any to spare." Pluto casted his fishing line with another fib, trusting the man would finally take the bait.

Vehement with his displeasure, Yeosang waved a hand, ushering him inside. The blonde ordered him to stay put in the living room, but Pluto disobeyed his wishes, following Yeosang's trail up the stairs after he took his leave. San informed him that his neighbor, Kang Yeosang, was the hermit type, but Pluto knew he scuttled into the safety of his seashell so his true intentions wouldn't gain suspicions from the neighbors.

He stumbled upon a room with an agape door, inviting wondering eyes into its oblivion. Inside, he found the windowsill that Yeosang often stood surveillance at. It also happen to have the perfect view of San's bedroom. Over the years, Pluto got the inkling that the neighbor invented infatuations towards San, so he would put an end to it before Yeosang got anymore shameless with his advances.

Pluto dragged a hand along the dust ridden creature comforts, collecting dormant piles of bitterness and desolation in his palm. His wanderlust fingers continued to freelance about the room until they settled upon a bedside table. He found an envelope in one of its drawers and extracted one of the Polaroid pictures inside, but he fearfully dropped the photograph when he examined its contents.