2.5

murahimu (mursakibara x himuro)

What makes an item so special? There are various reasons to answer such a broad question. So to put it in specific terms, what's more special: the gift or the one giving it?

In the case of Mursakibara and Himuro, it's both. The thought of the person deciding what gift will please the other is sweet enough. But when it's given by one's favorite person, it gets sweeter from there. 

The gift even holds memories. Atsushi never really cared for gifts but when given one, especially food-related, it pleased him to no end. If the gift was something he couldn't consume to soothe his hunger, what was the point? However, gifts with convenience were always nice. Especially something he can use everyday. So when Himuro gave him a simple hair tie with a bear charm attached to it, Murasakibara cherished it. 

Himuro always felt grateful when gifted anything and he usually always received some by his fellow classmates. Murasakibara strangely showed his affection by sharing snacks here and there. In the first place, Tatsuya was the one to give him those snacks. But he never received anything else and he was fine with that. Until, at an awkward time of the day, Atsushi handed him a small satin gift bag. Soon finding out it was a thin silver chained bracelet. He learned that Murasakibara was bothered with Himuro constantly wearing the matching necklace he had with Kagami. The giant claims the gift was just random but Himuro believed it was because Atsushi wanted him to wear something he gifted. 

So when two of the Yosen's players realized they lost those particular items that connected with their favorite person, they quickly searched the park for it. But it was more easier said than done.

"We've been searching for a while and still no luck." Himuro walked over to a certain spot of the grass field thinking he saw something shiny, but it was only a broken shard of glass. "Hmm, should we give up?"

Despite the shooting guard being very tall, it could never be compared to Atsushi's monstrous height. Every time he walked beside him, it was like the purple giant's head was in the clouds; literally. 

A low huff was scarcely heard. Atsushi held a firm frown and shook his head. He had no plans of giving up a gift he loved. 

Tatsuya glanced at his partner every now and then, seeing how genuinely worried he was about losing the gift. His heart did cartwheels. "It's so tiny, how could we find it?"

A shrug was the only response and a soft hum. Then, Atsushi froze. A playground was to their left and he was staring at it as if he's never encountered one before. "Follow me." His monotone, rough but soft-like voice warmed Himuro's ears.

Tatsuya assumed they were brought here in search of their lost items. But instead, Murasakibara quickly approached a kid. 

"Oi. Give it to me." His large hand stuck out in front of the scrawny kid he bumped into earlier. He couldn't recall his name.

It seemed the other two went home; he was on the swings waiting for his parents to come pick him up. Genuine bewilderment came over him. "Ah, Mr. Ito! What are you talking about?"

"The hair tie. Give. It." 

The boy started to sweat nervously. "....um. Well, my friend has it...."

Atsushi squinted at him, trying to see through his possible lie. He believed the kid though. "Ok. Where is she?"

"...she just went home." The elementary kid then went down on his knees and begged. "Please don't hate me, mister! I told her to not take it away! But she's such a big fan of yours that she couldn't resist! I'm really sorry!" Tears started to stream down his baby cheeks.