14: Pizza Pt.2

I change into my pink swimsuit but wear the same clothes I wore to work along flip flops

I change into my pink swimsuit but wear the same clothes I wore to work along flip flops. Olivia arrives soon enough, and I climb at the backseat. The Last Of The Real Ones by Fall Out Boy is playing and we continue listening to songs from the same album until we reach our destination, since Alex isn't here. He's not into pop punk music, even though MANIA isn't exactly pop punk.

When we get off the car at the beach, Olivia calls Kate to ask her where they are. I see her flashing a smile after ending the call but she doesn't tell us why. Then we walk until Ray's, where Kate is laying on a lounger with a glass of ice tea in one hand, gesturing to all the empty loungers around her with the other.

"Isn't it amazing?"

"I think I might cry," Olivia says as she's laying her towel on a lounger.

I lay next to her, and Kal next to me. "Where is everybody else?"

"The usual, Sofia and Alex are" Kate air quotes "swimming, and Alison and Sarah..." she purses her lips. "I have no idea where they are, actually."

"Why do you even hang out with them?" Olivia asks. "No offense but..."

Kate laughs. "Well, Alison is Sofia's cousin and Sarah is Alison's best friend. For some weird reason Sofia wants to be friends with Alison so...here we are." The blonde winces. "They're the worst."

"Sarah almost puked on you, so I'll agree," I say.

"That's not even the worst part: when Olivia and I went in to find them they asked us to wait for them until they get some guy's number."

"But I told them they're lucky we're not leaving them behind and grabbed Sarah's arm," Olivia says proudly. She turns to Kal. "Hey, why are you still wearing your T-shirt?"

Kal, indeed, is still in his black tee. "Yeah, your tan is going to be uneven."

The boy lets out a laugh and proceeds to take the shirt off.

Wow, working out really pays off

"You're looking good, Kal," Kate says with a smile. "But you're making the rest of us look bad."

The boy frowns while staring at his stomach. Pinching his skin, he scrunches his nose and mumbles something about needing to go keto.

Olivia stands up. "Shall we go swim now? And I mean actually swim, not make out in the ocean."

Kate chuckles and nods. "Yeah, I've been waiting for you guys."

"I can't," Kal says, nodding at the bandage wrapped around his knee.

"I'm going to tan now before the sun's down."

"Okay, we can swim with you too when you get in," Kate says before Olivia nudges her and they race to the ocean.