Christmas Eve 1985

The bars slam violently. They jut out of the ground. The gate jams shut abruptly. His head spins as he clutches his dripping wound. The blood dries on his tangled beard. His head gets slammed on to the wall, the bricks jutting out and crumbling in the storm outside. As hard as the bulky man tries to fight back, the general thrusts him toward the small window. He shatters the glass. As the onslaught continued, a uniformed man receives his command and salutes, shuffling along the corridor of cells. His footsteps echo and bounce off the walls.

The world flashes before her eyes. The blood below her nose stains her blanket. She shakes violently. "Mike, MIKE!" she yells, grabbing her quilt and barely staying on top of her mattress. "El, El it's ok...hey it's fine" Whispers a tall boy with a messy mop for hair. The girl holds onto him and buries her tear-stained face into his knitted jumper. Her panic soothes, Mike glances at the time on his outdated gadget . He kisses her forehead, and seats himself beside her at the table. She stares down at the scratches on the worn wooden table, then swiftly glances at the tower of boxes piled with small figures and game boards to her left. "Hey," he nudges Eleven's shoulder, placing his hand over her's. She always had a firm grip. "You've been like this all week" he meets her gaze. " Like how?" She looks up at him innocently. "Uneasy, as if you're hiding something." She sighs,"What if I don't get them back, like ever" She leans on his shoulder. "You will, they're written into your bones, your genes are fused with them," She gives him a perplexed look. "What, there's nothing in my biology textbook covering genetic abilities" She gives him a meek smile. Sighing, she glances at the clock. 23:17. "Mike, can you get Will in here?"

" I still don't get it." Mike eyes him, Eleven's head rests on his shoulder. "Will, this is simple, the Mind Flayer is back, and he's here to hunt us down." "But how do you know, normally i'd get that shitty goosebump feeling on the back of my neck" " Yes but he isn't here ,for now, because we'd know like the time we had that huge power outage when we saw that film in June, right El?" Eleven hesitates, then stands up above Mike. She clears her throat. "Um, there's something i still haven't told you"She paces toward the small bathroom. " El, I love you but please just be straight with me" Eleven leans into him. "You guys may be cute but please cut to the chase" " I saw him, I saw him in my dream, I saw him Mike." She stares at him apologetically. " Um, I'm still here you guys" He gives El a childish look. She sticks her tongue out at him in return. She reaches out her hand to do some sort of damage, but Mike lowers it, realise she can't. " Who, El?" "Hopper, he, my Dad is definitely still out there somewhere." Mike's eyes widen.