{And So It Begins...}

{Y/N}

I motioned to the bartender, and I pointed to my shot glass.

"Another shot of tequila, please." I requested.

He nods, pouring me a shot with an expression I knew all too well. I return his grin, but not for the same reason he'd hoped for. I casually pulled out my tactical knife, running my fingers gingerly along its length.

His eyes widened, and my smirk grew more pronounced.

"It's big, isn't it?" I asked in mock wonder. "I'm sure you've never said that to a woman before... I'm here on business, but I assure you that I will not hesitate to eviscerate you once I'm done. I suggest you head in the back and tell El Lobo that his days are numbered."

It's been a while since I had a job in Mexico. I've been all over the world, fulfilling contracts for the highest bidder. This one was simple: one of the most notorious cartels had a bounty, and he had proven elusive and ruthless, even for them.

He had taken out their best assassins, and they didn't want to lose any more money on top of what he'd stolen from them. That's where I come in. I've been sent to locate and hand him over to the cartel.

They didn't care about whatever condition he was in. He only needed to be alive...not that I cared. I've killed for the right price as well, and I felt nothing about it.

I put my knife back in my thigh holster and down my shot before leaving the rowdy bar. El Lobo frequented this particular bar, so I knew he would be informed of my visit.

I return to my hotel room, having already planted the seed. I pulled my hair into a messy bun as the temperature rose.

Everywhere I looked, murals were dedicated to the Avengers and all they've done for mankind. I was on the other side of the planet when the Battle of New York happened.

Once we learned that we weren't alone, the world became a new place. It didn't impact my life, so I wasn't concerned—I had no reason to be. All that mattered was that I got paid for what I did.

************************************************

I reached my room, and I turned on my light. I only had one bag. I wasn't going to be here for long. I always paid in cash. Never leave a trail. I remove the sheath, but I keep it nearby. I've already set my room with hidden weaponry as needed. No one has gotten the drop on me, so I demand top dollar.

I strip down and shower quickly before deciding on the next move. I hear a noise outside the bathroom door. I roll my eyes. This job was too easy. Quietly, I ease my way out of the shower and leave the water running. I dry off, slip on some dry clothes, and press my ear to the door.

I'm sure they thought they were being stealthy...but they weren't me. Not by a long shot. I counted four men. That's it?  Predictably, they tear up my room, but it's not like I unpacked. I never did.

One of them mentioned the shower, and I heard a comment that made me decide that I was going to kill him first. The one constant in my nomadic life was men being disgusting. They try to use their sexuality as a fear tactic, or they assume that you'll use yours to serve them.

The rest of the men laughed in a way that made my blood boil. When one of them approached the bathroom door, I pulled my knife out of the sheath. I heard him chuckle. Did he think it was going to be that easy? My face twisted into a smirk. This was going to be fun. It's messy...but fun. I plunge my knife into the door, and I can feel that it is submerged in his side.

He howls in pain, and the rest of the men yell out in shock. Typically, a knife would have been stuck in the door...but I'm far from normal, and I had HYDRA to thank for that...