{Mine}

{Y/N}

"I wouldn't wear the dress," Nat mused. "You're going to be on a motorcycle, and it's cold tonight."

"What about those boots you ordered?" Wanda suggested. "The wedge ones? They're cute, and you can still fight in them."

"... You have a point," I said. "You both do."

I pull out the boots, skinny jeans, and a black top with a leather jacket.

"There. Simple. It looks good, and if we run into anything, I can fight in it." I reason with myself.

"You seem nervous," Nat points out.

"She is nervous," Wanda amends.

"Okay, we gotta set some ground rules about this psychic thing," I tell her.

"Sorry," she says breezily.

"Do you know where he's taking you?" Nat asks.

"No," I replied. "And I'm not going to ask."

"When are you going to tell him how you feel?" Wanda asks.

"Boundaries -"

"I didn't have to read your mind to ask that question," she continued. "We all see it."

I sigh. "I don't want to plan it. I want it to happen naturally. Does that make sense?"

"I understand that completely," Nat says sagely. "You know how Steve can be sometimes. He can get in his head."

"I'm gonna get dressed," I tell them.

I head into the bathroom and do just that and put on a little makeup. I run a brush through my hair, and then I come back out.

"You look beautiful," a familiar voice affirms from the doorway.

Thor leans against the doorway, smiling.

"Might I speak with you a moment, Lady Y/N?" He asks.

Nat raises an eyebrow, and then she pulls Wanda with her. Thor comes into the room and sits on the chair.

"I didn't eat your Pop-Tarts," I offer.

Thor chuckles. "I know you didn't. That's not what this is about."

I sat down on my bed. "Okay. I'm listening."

"I've come to tell you that... even though I have feelings for you, I know that you and Barnes are meant to be. I have no ill will towards either one of you. If anything, I believe we've become close friends as of late."

Oh. Oh wow.

"You're one of my best friends, Thor. Hell, you're like a brother to me. I appreciate that you told me this."

I move to hug him, and his booming laugh warms me to my toes. He gets up to leave, but he leaves me with:

"If he hurts you, he'll have to deal with the God of Thunder!" He warns me.

"I believe you," I affirm.

"Good night, Lady Y/N."

"Good night."

{BUCKY}

"I didn't think you owned anything other than old shirts," Steve joked.

"Shut up," I growled.

"That's a nice jacket," Sam adds. "Bless him, he even combed his hair."

"I'll tell Thor that you ate his Pop-Tarts," I threatened.