Chapter 1

"Get down here before I beat your sorry ass"

My sister yelled from downstairs. I ran down the stairs as fast as I could without falling, and sat at the cold granite table. I looked around and sighed.

Mom and dad are on another trip. How lovely.

People are always wanting more hero's but they don't understand how painful it is for their families. My sister, Nova, placed a plate of sprinkle waffles in front of herself and I.

"Mom and dad are gone for around a week. I know you always get stressed out for it so here's you're favorite food."

She said without looking from her phone. Nova was a strange 15 year old girl. She had hot pink and an electric blue hair split. She wore pretty much all black clothes with a little bit of makeup. She was curvier but was super confident. She was very popular at school and I'll admit I was a little jealous.

"Why the hell do you keep staring at me?"

"Why do you have bad mood swings?"

I said while rolling my eyes. She huffed then continued eating.

"Another book is floating, Sis."

I said while continuing to eat. This wasn't a strange occurrence. You see, Nova's power is floatation. Normally, she can control it but when she lets her emotions get ahold of her she can't. If you looked closely our floor had many marks from furniture and objects being dropped on it.

"Seriously? Good thing mom wasn't here"

She got up and put the book pack on the bookshelf. I tried to hide my laughters but it failed.

"You're really laughing right now? It's not like you have your power under control either"

She said while sitting back down.

"Yes, I haven't, but, that's understandable for me. I'm younger than you."

I pointed out while sticking my tongue out at her. Of course, it couldn't end there and we got into an argument. She stared getting books to float so I decided I'd use my power as well. I made flames come out of my hands but I lost control.

All I remember was seeing orange before I passed out from the smoke.

(Sorry for the short chapters I just don't expect anybody to read this ummm... but I'll still publish more chapters cause I have no life 👌)