Chapter 18: Yule Ball

Y/N: Your name

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Y/n's Pov~

Hermione, Ginny, Angelina, and I decided to get ready in our dorm. I put on my dress while Hermione helped me with my hair and makeup. We all finished getting ready and took a picture. We started making our way to the Great Hall. We looked around the corner and started making our way down slowly. "Is George inside?" Angelina asked Harry, "Yes he is... Hey Y/n, I still need to have a first dance with someone. Fred said it was okay, do you mind having this dance with me?" I nodded yes, as he held out his arm and I took it. The champions were ushered inside and onto the dance floor. I looked around trying to find Fred but I couldn't see him as the other students crowded us. We stood on the dance floor. "Harry, put your hand on my waist" he did so as the music started. We spun around the dance floor as more people joined. "May I cut in?" I see Fred hold out his hand, "Please" Harry quickly walked away. Fred put his hand on my waist, "Is this okay?"

"Of course" We started spinning around as the music started turning into more pop music. After dancing for a while Fred went to get drinks. I saw Hermione talking to Ron and Harry so I walked over. "The enemy?" I walked faster, "what's going on you guys?"

"Hrmph, I think he's got a bit more than friendship on his mind." Ron crossed his arms. "Shove it Ron." I grabbed Hermione and we walked over to Fred and Krum. "Is everything okay?" Fred handed me a drink. "Yes now that we aren't around your brother." He looks over to them. "What happened?" I took a sip, "Nothing to worry about right now. Do you want to go back to dancing?" Hermione asked. "Sure!" Fred grabbed my hand and we went back onto the dance floor. The night started winding down as a slow song came on. He put his hand on my waist then grabbed my hand with his other. "So, was this the night you imagined?" He pulled me in closer. "Pretty close." He smiled. "Did I tell you that you look beautiful tonight?" he spun me around. "You did not" I smirked "Well you are the most beautiful person that has ever entered this room" I blushed. "So, I don't feel like dancing anymore. Do you want to go to the astronomy tower?" He asked. "That sounds lovely!" He grabbed my hand and his coat and we made our way up, sneaking around.

~Fred's Pov~

We ran up the stairs. I watched her walk up to the rail. "It's a little cold up here" she looked out over the castle. "Here" I put my coat around her. "Thank you!" I stood behind her putting my arms around her. I kissed the top of her head. "Well if you're going to do that you should just give me a real one"

"Oh really?" I turned her around and lifted her chin up and kissed her. I put my hand on her face and kept kissing her. I heard someone walking up the stairs so I pulled away. "Hey Y/n, I'd go to the common room. Hermione is crying." She looked at me with fear in her eyes. "Lets go."

Word count: 560