Chapter 7

*Mia's POV*

Super Meat Boy had definitely helped me. The raging got my mind off of the strange events, but something still lingered in my mind that I couldn't get rid of. I played until my fingers ached too badly to play anymore. After I turned everything off, I flopped onto my bed, then just laid there and relaxed. I didn't realize how tired I was until I shut my eyes, so I curled up under my blankets and let myself drift off to sleep. What had gone unnoticed though, had been lurking in the shadows of my own bedroom.

*Time Skip to Next Morning*

Sunlight filtered into my room through the cracks of space between my window and the blanket covering it, slowly awakening me. Since I had been excused from school I had the relief of no alarms to wake me up in the morning. I checked my phone and there was no missed calls or texts, usually the only ones I got were from my parents or Caroline. I laid in my bed still, enjoying the warmth and fluffiness of my bed and still feeling drowsy. I didn't want to get up. The sound of a small object dropping interrupted the silence, bringing my senses to alert. I slowly rolled out of bed, my feet touching the cool ground that sent chills up and throughout my body. 'I should've stayed in bed...' I thought. I quietly walked toward my closet, the location I thought I'd heard the noise come from. I brought my fingers up to the sliding wooden door, and brought it open, half expecting that nothing was there and I was going crazy. I looked around and there had been nothing. As I turned around I remembered I didn't check the overhead shelf. I breathed deeply and turned back around, looking up at the shelf. The boy's eyes widened a bit, realizing he'd been discovered. He wore a green tunic and hat, and had what I assumed to be a sword on his back. I stayed calm and stepped backward, motioning for him to come down. He gave me a creepy grin and said "I knew I wouldn't go unnoticed for that long," and jumped down. That was when I took a better look at him, and realized he looked like Link from Majora's Mask.

*Flashback*

A year before, I was searching the web with nothing specific to do. I went to google and typed "the Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask." A website I didn't hear about before came up. Curious, I clicked on it and read whatever it was. The story, in short terms, was about a guy who bought a haunted game cartridge of the game for the N64. Even more curious, I afterward stayed on that website for a few hours until I finally convinced myself I've had enough of these stories for one day. Ever since, I'd never visited that website, but I recognized the stories whenever they were mentioned.

*Back to Reality*

"...BEN Drowned isn't it?" I asked. He smiled darkly and nodded. Before I could do or say anything else, he put a finger to his lips and disappeared.