Chapter 5

Y/n set up her music notes as she took out the guitar, playing around with the chords. She cleared out her throat and started playing the beat.

Her voice smootly sang the lyrics while everybody walked around, passing by her. She focused on her singing, hoping anyone would stop just to hear it.

Her eyes noticed a figure standing in front of her as she finished up the song. Her eyes met with the stranger as a grin was plastered on his face.

"It is you, Y/n." Y/n grinned widely as Jeonghan pulled her into a hug. It's been a while since he last see her which is after his high school graduation. Not so long, I guess.

Jeonghan is her best friend at school and is also her brother's friend. Jeonghan has always been like her brother and words can't explained how much he missed him.

Jeonghan loosened the hug and ruffled her hair. "How you're doing, kiddo? You've been busking, huh?" Y/n nodded her head eagerly as Jeonghan chuckled. He's glad to bump into Y/n in this town. Frankly speaking, he's been searching for her quite a few years.

After she ran away from her family, he lost contact with her and was worried as hell. "Did you came here alone? Soonyoung isn't here is he?" Jeonghan looked away as another figure approached them from the store across.

"Y/n, don't run away. I'm here not to be mad at you but to help you." Y/n looked at Soonyoung with fear in her eyes. She's scared that he will take her away from her dreams. She's scared it will be like that again.

"That's what you said last time. I don't trust you anymore. You're clearly on their side and not mine." Jeonghan went beside her and gently put his hand around her shoulder.

"Don't worry, if anything happens I'm with you. I'll always protect you." Y/n glanced at Jeonghan as he kept reassuring her. Soonyoung felt guilty of what he did in the past as he looked at them sadly. I'm a terrible brother.

Y/n turned her gaze back to Soonyoung and gestured him to continue. "Mother and father did the same thing to me after they found out that I'm useless. That I can't give them what they want. They're sending people to search for me after I ran away. I understand you now, Y/n. I finally understood why you did such things."

Y/n looked down and furrowed her eyebrows. She's still not convinced of what he's saying. "Why did they search for you, but not me?" Soonyoung rubbed his nape and looked down.

"I stole something from them. Something to prove their doings to the police. But, I can't give it to them since they always guard around the police station. I can't think of anything else except you. I need your help, Y/n. Please."

Y/n sighed and closed her eyes tight. A part of her wanted to believe but she's scared. She's scared of the horrible things that might happen again if she agreed to help. Jeonghan shrugged her shoulder and caressed her hair.

"It's alright. He's staying with me and my friends. I'll be sure to keep my eyes on him every single time in case if that can assure you." Y/n nodded her head and looked at Soonyoung.

"What do you want me to do?" Soonyoung sighed in relief as he stepped closer and whispered to them. "We can't be seen here, they might saw us by the cameras."

Y/n nodded her head as they moved to the alley. Soonyoung took off his hoodie and pulled out a pendrive from his pocket. He held Y/n's hand tight and passed her the pendrive.

"I want you to go give this to the police. They wouldn't know it's you after a while of your disappearance. They would claim a warrant and our parents will be caught in no time."

Y/n sighed and looked at him worriedly. "Are you sure this is safe? I mean what's in this?" Soonyoung gulped his saliva as he looked around, afraid if someone saw them.

"You'll know when you see it. I have to go now, they might knew where I am by now." He looked at Jeonghan as he rolled his eyes. Soonyoung pulled her into a hug and caressed her hair.

"Goodluck sis. I'm counting on you. Remember, I'll always there to support you." He said as he rushed towards the exit with Jeonghan trailing behind him. Jeonghan flashed her a smile and disappeared.

Y/n was trembling as she was still shock of the incident. She looked at the pendrive and quickly kept it in her pocket. She made her way back to her equipments and grinned as soon as she saw the figure standing.

"What are you doing here, Hyungwon? Don't you have work?" Hyungwon grinned and shrugged. "I have some free time and I thought that I want to bring you somewhere."

Y/n furrowed her eyebrows, curious of his plans. Hyungwon chuckled and ruffled her hair. "Let's get going. We don't want the store to be closed don't we?" He said as he walked away, leaving a bewildered Y/n.

Y/n quickly trailed behind him as they arrived in front of a clothing store. "Pick some, I'll paid for it." Y/n widened her eyes and shook her head.

"No you don't have to, Hyungwon. You gave me a place to stay already, you don't need to do this things." Hyungwon shook his head and shrugged.

"I'm doing this with my free will, Y/n. Please just pick any." Y/n looked at the store and back at Hyungwon, feeling guilty for being a burden.

"I'll pay you back as soon as I get enough money." Hyungwon nodded his head as Y/n got into the store. Hyungwon sat down at the benches outside while waiting for her.

He looked around and observed his surrounding. He grinned upon seeing a family passing by. I wish I had a family like that.

It's been a while since he felt warm and loved. He missed those feelings the most, but a person like him doesn't deserve such things.

It's just not for him.