Scene Start

Grace watched as Simon fiddled with the settings on the camera as she sat impatient in his room once again. Before heading out to the graveyard the two decided that they'd film an intro and outro for their first episode in Simon's room. He'd begged to shoot at her house but she was very clear that if her parents first impression of him was an e-boy with a camera recording their house while they talked about magic trains, they'd assume drugs were involved. So instead they'd rearranged Simon's room to look a bit more professional and filmed there.

"Alright," Simon said, having finally found the settings he liked. "Go ahead and give us an intro." he added pointing the camera at her. The red light on the thing went on and Grace began speaking.

"Hey, I'm Grace Monroe and welcome to the as of yet unnamed youtube show that we're doing." she announced.

"I don't get why we don't just call it Train Hunters like I suggested." Simon muttered.

"Because," Grace began. "That name is stupid, it's literally just the thing we're doing. You wouldn't name a ghost show Ghost Hunters." she said. Simon rolled his eyes.

"There are multiple shows with that name," he said dryly. Grace was quick with a retort.

"Then your suggestion was stupid and unoriginal." she said in a faux sweet voice before facing the camera once again. "If you couldn't tell that was my trusty and not so silent cameraman Simon." Simon turned the camera towards himself.

"Hello, I'm Simon, and as you can see the two of us have very contrasting aesthetics." he joked before turning the camera back on her.

"So, everything that I'm about to explain will sound wild, but you have to keep in mind that it's all true," she started. "So, about eight years ago both me and Simon went missing." she said. Simon began talking.

"And that's not the wild part, that's just fact, the records are publicly available." he mentioned.

"Right," Grace nodded. "We were both gone for a year and then were later found again. But the thing was, we weren't kidnaped or lost in the woods, and we weren't found in a police raid, we were on a magic train." she said before pausing for a beat. "Alright now that all of you have either clicked off or commented that we're liars let me tell you what went down. A train that looked different for both of us rolled around where we were when we were sad and vulnerable and took us both in separate locations."

"Then, when we got on the train we met each other and some other people along our journey. Explaining exactly what went on would make us sound even more crazy but trust us this thing defies all laws of reality." Simon added helpfully.

"So why are we telling you this now? Because, this train put us through awful things when we were just kids and it's still out there kidnapping kids. The train can only operate as long as nobody knows about it. If we prove the train is real we can keep kids from going through what we went through." she said honestly. Simon turned the camera to himself.

"Also, we can tell every therapist who told us we were making stuff up to suck it." he said. Grace acted fake shocked and offended.

"Simon, why would you ever say such a thing? I in fact harbor no ill will towards the people who told me that I was making up an entire year of experiences." she said amused. "Anyway the train targets people who are isolated, vulnerable, and have problems they need to work through, so our first stop on trying to find it is the graveyard near here." she announced. "So it's time to cut over there and watch us try to find it." Simon turned off the camera.

"That was great, you're a natural." Simon said stowing the camera away in his bag.

"Yeah well, what was it you said about a show being built on the dynamic of the leads?" she responded as a way to return the compliment. As the sun set the two climbed into Grace's car and headed for the graveyard. Grace switched over to one of her playlists and let it play softly in the background.