Plot Point

Grace paced around her room nervously as she contemplated the upcoming events in her life. Soon she would have to introduce her parents to Simon which depending on her luck would go smoothly or would ruin her life. In addition Simon would soon upload the first episode of theri show and Grace was incredibly nervous about that outcome as well. As she paced back and forth Grace decided she needed something to take her mind off of the events at hand. Grace needed a break.

And so she decided to take one. Hoping in her car Grace drove out to a favorite spot of hers, an area that looked down upon the entirety of her admittedly not that impressive town. That wasn't the spot she was headed for however. Exiting the car Grace casually walked the well-worn path through a clearing in the brush out to a rarely visited area of the woods and sat there looking at the clear sky and wondering how her life became a series of unlikely coincidences. Casually she dug her phone from her purse as it began to ring.

"Hey Grace, great news," Simon began. "The video is doing really well; it's gotten like 2k over the course of two days." he said. Grace chuckled.

"Is that a lot?" she questioned.

"For an unestablished channel which completely switched it's branding and uploaded a video in which two teenagers pose a huge conspiracy I'd say yes." he responded. "So, what are you doing?" he asked, changing the subject.

"Trying to get my mind off of the incredibly stupid plan we're trying to pull of." she said. Simon was quiet for a bit after this before responding.

"Ah," he said. "Is that something you want to do alone?" he asked. At this Grace thought for a moment and then answered.

"No actually." she said but pointedly she did not ask him to join her deciding that she would wait to see if he asked.

"Can I join you then?" Simon questioned exactly as Grace suspected he would. She laughed a little at this.

"You really are obsessed with me huh? Got nothing better to do then to spend all of your time with me?" she teased.

"I like spending time with you." Simon said plainly and the response was so sincere and honest that it almost caught Grace off guard with it's sheer contrast to the typical coldness she was used to when interacting with those close to you. There was a long pause after that before Grace spoke again.

"I'll text you the directions." she said before doing it. And so Grace sat there and waited for Simon to come join her in this place that she never shared with anybody but wanted to share with him despite herself. As she sat there Grace thought about the earnestness in Simon's comment and thinking back on their original time together Grace concluded he was always a bit like that. Back when they'd met she could remember calling him a crybaby but maybe that was just the reaction that a person from an emotionally distant family has to emotional people.

"Grace?" Simon had said upon approaching her in the clear an indeterminate amount of time later. Grace turned around and smiled, not saying anything but beckoning him to sit next to her which he obliged. Grace smirked at him as he sat near her and she spoke to him casually.

"Hey Simon, nice of you grace me with your presence." she said. He sighed and ignored her finding it more productive to talk about the response to the video.

"Most of the comments are calling us liars as you suspected but we've actually gained quite a few subscribers, I think that we've got a chance at actually growing a community." he explained. Grace raised an eyebrow.

"And why exactly do you sound so excited about that?" she asked knowing he was desperate to explain.

"The train was huge and filled with people, what if we find someone else who was on the train?" he asked. Grace paused at this before becoming similarly excited. Finding another person who was on the train might help them to confirm similar experiences and perhaps learn something else about it's general workings. Perhaps she could have been even more excited about it had it not been for the continuously gnawing thought in the back of her head about Simon meeting her mother. Wanting to take her mind off of this Grace changed the subject.