chapter 15

author note- i cant figure out any names for the chapters so i'm just gonna put the chapter number now!:) anyway, i hope you're excited for this chapter!

it's friday, and today is the schnapp's cookout. i'm really excited because mrs schnapp is an amazing cook, and i'm hungry for some good food.

"is may coming tonight?" i ask noah while we're standing outside of math class

"yeah as far as i know of!" he reply's

"oh, so are you guys good now?" i ask him

"i'm not totally sure, but i hope. she said she wants to talk to be about something tonight. maybe about the fight, i dunno." he says shrugging

"i hope it's good!" i say happily. i do hope it is good though. no matter how much i like noah, which i do a lot, i still want him to be happy. and i know he's happy with her.

(time skip to lunch)
————————————————————————

me and noah sit down with dylan and mya. noah motions may to come sit down with us, and she walks over.

"hey! we haven't seen you in forever" i say

"yeah sorry. busy i guess" may reply's

i wanted to ask how she and noah were, but not in front of everyone.

"i'm gonna go sit back down with my friends. nice talking to you guys though!" may says smiling

"oh okay. see you!" i reply

"bye" noah says

may turns around and waves.

i stare at noah while thinking of why she isn't siting with us.

"y/n? what are you looking at?" noah asks

"nothing, just thinking" i say back

(time skip to cookout)
————————————————————————

"Y/N GET READY WERE ABOUT TO LEAVE" my mom yells upstairs.

"OKAY"

i throw on some jeans, a short-sleeved striped tshirt, and i put a white sweater over it. i put on my white converse, and some light makeup.

i usually wear eyeliner and lip gloss, but tonight i just wanted to wear mascara and lip gloss.

i run downstairs, and i see my brother, mom and dad ready to leave.

"let's go" i say

we're at noah's house, and i hear a lot of people in the backyard. we knock on the door, and mr schnapp opens it.

"heyyy!!!" he says

"how are you?" my mom asks

"amazing! comon in! you can go straight out to the backyard if you'd like" he says

i run into the house and into the backyard while looking for noah.

"hey noah!" i say when i find him

"hey!"

"hey may!" i say to may

"hey y/n" she says with a blank stare into my eyes.

"uh let's go sit down." noah says

we walk over to a swinging bench, and may, me, and noah sit next to each other. noahs i'm the middle of us, and he puts his arm around both of us.

"how was your day cuties?" he asks both of us

"good babe" may says smiling

"it's been okay" i say

"oh what's-

"come with me real quick, i need to talk to you." may says to noah, grabbing his arm

"uhm okay" noah says getting up. he shrugs while walking with may, looking back at me.

while they are gone, i get up and use the bathroom. i remembered where it was from last time, so i didn't have to ask.

a couple minutes pass, and i'm washing my hands. i hear someone running down the hallway where i am, and knocks on the bathroom door.

"y/n? are you in there?" i hear a voice say

it sounds like noah.

i open the door to see him with tears streaming down his face, with this sad look in his eyes.

i immediately hug him.

"hey, hey are you okay? what happened?" i ask

i bring him into the bathroom, where it's quiet and no one can hear us.

"so when may said she wanted to talk to me- she said that we were spending to much time together and she says she feels like i like you more than her and how i don't love her anymore and then she, she broke up with me" noah says through tears and gasps of sadness.

i stare into his tear-filled eyes and hug him.

"i am so sorry. i know you love her more than anything, and she shouldn't have said that. and i didn't know she felt that way, i'm sorry if i was apart of the reason you guys broke up. i never meant for that to happen." i say

"y/n, it's not your fault. it was her choice. and thank you for being here. i don't know what i would do without you."

"me either." i say while releasing our hug, and staring into his eyes. i move closer to noah, and he moves closer to me.

we kiss.

                        (time skip, the next day)
————————————————————————

i wake up, thinking last night was a dream. but it wasn't. i wasn't dreaming anymore. this was real. i sit up and look at my clock, it's 10 am. i brush my teeth and go downstairs to see my mom, dad and brother in the kitchen with suitcases.

"are you guys leaving already?" i ask

"i know, i don't wanna leave. i'll see you soon baby." my dad says, turning to me and hugging me.

"bye will." i say

"bye y/n. i'll visit soon. i promise." he says hugging me

"bye." they say, walking out the door.

i go to get orange juice from the fridge, and my mom comes up beside me.

"what happened last night?" she asks me

"noahs girlfriend broke up with him." i say

"oh, i'm sorry." she says

"me too." i say