Chapter 8

"Okay, even you have to admit this is too soon." Finn stared, appalled at the chalkboard. "It's not even Halloween!"

Laughing a little, you looped your arm around his to drag him towards the back. Plopping down in a chair, you placed your order number in the center of the table. Seating himself across the table from you, Finn began to undo his coat.

"Come on." He grinned, brown hair flopping when he leaned forward. "Admit it – this is too early for holiday drinks."

"Okay, maybe it's a little early," you acquiesced. "But Halloween is tomorrow! They probably just put up the holiday drinks so they don't have to do it on Sunday."

"Laziness!" he cried, jabbing a finger in the air.

Shaking your head, you smiled when Namjoon, the barista, placed a pumpkin soy latte before you.

"Thanks!" you said, pulling this towards you.

"No problem," he said, flashing his dimples before he turned to leave.

Taking a long, slow sip of your drink, you groaned. "Oh my god. This is it. This is heaven."

Finn laughed. "Is that seriously your first pumpkin drink of the season?" Sadly, he shook his head. "I remember our senior year, you dragged me out of bed at 7:00 AM on a Saturday just to get the first pumpkin drink of the year."

"I know," you sighed. "But I've needed the extra caffeine jolt each morning. Sweet drinks just don't cut it anymore."

"Ah, the first step in addiction." Finn nodded sagely.

Smiling, you settled back in your seat as he took the first sip of his black coffee. It had been two weeks since your fight at the club and since then, Finn had been on his best behavior. For about a week, things between you had been awkward but slowly, your relationship was returning to normal.

Seated in the corner of your favorite coffee shop, you drank from your cup and glanced around the room. This was what you'd pictured when you imagined you and Finn living in the city together. Coffee dates, going on new adventures and continuing your relationship where it had left off.

Of course, this morning was only possible because Miss Britt's ballet class had been cancelled. A contemporary master class had been scheduled for the afternoon, but your day before then was free – something you'd immediately taken advantage of by calling Finn. It was becoming easier to fit each other into your schedules, more like second nature, but things were still tense whenever things didn't line up.

None of this was eased by the burgeoning whatever-it-was you'd shoved to the back of your mind regarding Jimin. Since the day of Mr. Vlad's ballet class, you'd managed to keep your emotions in check, but were constantly on the lookout for dangerous situations. You and Jimin were professionals, obviously, but you were also only human. It was reasonable to have subconscious wants and desires, but these weren't important unless you chose to act upon them.

You didn't tell Finn about it because honestly, there was nothing to tell. Okay, so you'd felt an errant spark one day during a lift. Big deal. Finn had been your boyfriend for over two years – it would take more than that to threaten your relationship. A relationship which, frankly, had been getting stronger as of late. Telling him something as inconsequential as a spark you had with Jimin would only take you further down the wrong path.

"Are you sure you're okay with us doing separate things tomorrow?" Finn interrupted your thoughts. His brow furrowed. "It is Halloween, after all."

"Ah, yes." You nodded. "Halloween, the internationally known couple's holiday."

He laughed. "Okay, point made – but still."