Chapter 14

Georges POV:

I was a little taken aback from his words. We can leave. Those 3 words meant so much to the both of us, and he knew that. How would we leave though? How could we pull it off? Leaving sounding like running away. Running away meant never being able to settle down. But if I'm being honest I didn't want to feel stuck in someplace ever again. Maybe this wasn't a bad idea.

"So, what do you say George? You and me, never having to face any of these awful people again."

Dream usually had a hard and collected shell around him at all times, but now he was different. He seemed so soft and genuine with his words, saying them with care. I looked at him with raised brows, giving him a cue to explain his plan.

"I could steal my dad's car, he doesn't have a GPS and the thing is too old for him to truly care if it went missing. I have suitcases in my closet that could be put to use. We'd get our essentials, sentimental things and be on our way." Dream looked down at me, and I looked up at him, with tears threatening to fall down his face.

"Look George, I've been wanting to do this for some time now, but I never felt ready to. Until now, until I met you. I- I couldn't possibly leave without you." He was choking on his words. His words wrapped around me in a comforting blanket. I pulled him in a tight hug as we just sat there for a couple minutes, savoring each other's embrace. I eventually pulled away and said with a smile,

"Then let's leave together."

~~~~~~~~~ time skip ~~~~~~~~~

I went home that night with a feeling of elation in my chest. Even hearing my dad yell at me, I could just tune out. The feeling, the knowledge that I won't have to deal with this ever again clouded my head, blocking out anything and everything else. He was going to my house tonight to grab my suitcase with what I packed and bring it to his house. We had both agreed that I'd go to school tomorrow and then go to his house. Dream had joked with me to make as much trouble as possible at school, but I felt like it was the only way to go. After my dad was done yelling at me I went up to my room and waiting patiently at my window, my head in my hands daydreaming of the endless possibilities I now have. Freedom. True freedom.

My daydreaming was interrupted by pebbles being thrown at my window, though I didn't mind. Dream had climbed onto the roof of the garage and told me to watch. It was a beautiful sight, seeing him rip off the security camera from the corner of my window, and throwing it to the ground. I couldn't be happier. I eventually got the suitcase out from under my bed filled with clothes, my laptop and charger, hygienic items, a pillow, an empty book and pencil for writing, random items around the house that I had sentimental value to, and a couple hundred bucks I had stolen from my parents. I handed them over to Dream to which he nodded and leaned in a little, signaling to me what was going to happen.

We both give each other a quick kiss, making me feel over the moon. He then grabs the handle of the suitcase and slides down the roof, giving me a quick salute before running off to his house. I giggle and shut my window, going back to doing my homework. Doing my homework meant scribbling all over it and drawing pride flags. It seemed dumb, I know. But it felt empowering. A little "fuck you" to this town and its beliefs. This whole place is dumb, why not tell them that? Even feeling so happy about this I still keep on thinking,

I can't believe that I'm leaving.

A couple of hours pass by, filled with me daydreaming, scribbling random things on whatever I had in my backpack and what I could give to my teachers. I still hadn't gotten my phone back, but I knew that I'd never be getting it back. Maybe it was a good thing that I don't have it, considering that I could be tracked using my phone. I eventually got tired and snuggled up in my covers.

No matter what will happen, or what was happening I fell asleep with a smile on my face. One so pure and genuine it was as if I've never felt happiness. Maybe I hadn't. Maybe Dream is what I needed. Maybe, no, Dream is my happiness. I've never felt more certain with what I was doing until now. This is my wake-up call. Dream is my wake-up call.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

813 words

I was listening to the Your City Gave Me Asthma album while writing this and it just felt fitting to how this story is going :]