Chimera

It was 12th day of May, my special day, my 18th birthday. I didn’t expect that they are going to throw a party for me. When I woke up everything is settled. I even had balloons in the ceiling of my room, and there’s a banner containing all of my pictures since I was a kid saying happy birthday Ineng. It was a very touching scene. I hurriedly grab my towel and run to my bathroom and to my surprise I found my friends there with my father. They looked so childish with their birthday hats and I find it adorable because the face of my bias, Kim Taehyung is the themed of it. Even if my father is wearing one while holding a BTS inspired cake. “Happy birthday my princess” he was the first person who greeted me and I was so happy.” thank you dad” I hugged him and he kissed the top of my head, I feel like crying not until he said those words. “Just for today my princess, even if you’re so happy don’t let your tears flow. I don’t want to see you cry, savor every moment of this day.” I just nodded with a smile in my lips.
I was wearing a black off shoulder, body fit dress pair with a black stiletto. A jewelry from my mom and a   golden bracelet from my dad. Funny yet sweet because he asked for a dance before the program start. “I won’t let that guy (pertaining to my crush) be you first dance, let your papa be your first and last dance okay?” I want to laugh my heart is fluttering. My dad is strict but he looks so childish, anyway I just let him.
Like what they said when you’re happy, time run so fast. The 18bags, 18books, 18dresses, 18gifts, 18make ups, 18chocolates, 18cakes, 18footwears, 18tops, 18 something blue, 18bts merchandises, 18treasures, 18bills, 18ablloons, 18 wishes, 18 candles and 18jewelries are done. Even the 18 roses is almost done, I don’t have a boyfriend so as for my request I want my dad to be my last dance. The last song made me feel emotional.  it was an instrumental version of Luther Vandross song.My father gave me the last rose and pull me to the center of the crowd. I’m so lucky. Unlike from the girl’s point of view in the song who is begging to dance with her father, here I am dancing with my dad. I was so happy it was a dream come true right? After all, every girls are dreaming to dance with their fathers at their eighteen and be accompanied while walking to the aisle in their wedding day. It was bliss moment of my life, he kissed the top of my head and hugged me tightly once again. I couldn’t take it all, I felt that my cheeks are somehow burning. Papa, wiped away my tears as my vision got blurred…….
As I opened my eyes, I see darkness in my room, I looked at the ceiling there was no traced of balloons hanging in there. I opened the lamp beside my bed and I saw a glimpsed of his photo in the frame. I quickly checked the date and time in my phone. My tears are falling nonstop. It was 12am of May 12,2021. It was just a chimera. And I was so unlucky to be the girl in Vandross’ song.