Inside the Four Corners of the Infirmary

SON CHAEYOUNG's POV

Chou Tzuyu...

The same man who killed my brother was the same person who killed Chou Tzuyu?

That was so heartbreaking.

"Chaeyoungie?" Mina brought me back to reality. "Let's go?"

I nodded then we walked back to the main entrance of Escapade.

The thought alone is still lingering on the back of my mind. I cannot fathom the fact that Tzuyu belonged to the population of his victims.

He was known as one of the famous serial killers before. He can actually kill 15 people in a day, what more can a week and a month do? He's skilled in a form of sharp pointed objects, most specially, in his knife and katana.

The man was known to be a half Japanese killer and knows all forms of martial arts. I wonder how did he die. Along with the thought of, how did Chou Tzuyu died?

"Chaeyoung?" Mina asked me lightly. "Are you alright?"

"Oh yeah, I am." I said in a whisper. "Just tired, I guess?"

"Chaeyoung, you're lying."

"Baby.." I said, looking away from her. "Please don't check what's on my mind."

She sighed as she pulled my hand and we sat at the two-part couch on the lobby. It is now cleaned and not even a spot of dirt can be seen. It was like a couple of hours ago, we are all defeated and ready to surrender on this floor and pool of blood is vivid, but now, everything is just in plain sight.

A random girl is filling Nayeon-unnie's position on the reception desk.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Mina asked.

"I just realized that the man who killed my younger brother is the same person who killed Tzuyu." I said.

Mina's hazel eyes widen and her hands suddenly got cold, so I warmed it up through my touch.

"How did you know?" she asked.

"The letter that Jackson handed me awhile ago were the last words of the serial killer." I shared. "He was apologizing for his victims, Tzuyu and my brother were there."

Mina exhaled loudly, obviously inhaled all the negativity and finally released it in no time. She's probably having a hard time to puzzle everything too.

"Chaeyoung, is it okay if you tell me how your brother died?" she asked, cautiously and with care on her voice. "It's okay if you're not comfortable about it. I won't push you."

I took a deep breath as I sort my thoughts out whether I should vent it or not.

I'm battling with my thoughts and my feelings.

She's my girlfriend and she is now a huge part of my life, I guess letting her in on my walls could be a progress to our relationship and in our bond. I knew I could trust her so I finally decided to tell her a huge part of my past.

I looked at her with my eyes filled with remorse and agonizing pain as she lightly kissed my forehead, "I'm all ears, Chaeyoung."

"I was just 11 when Jeong-hoon died at the age of 8. We were alone in the house back then when I fetched him from school and my parents were still at work. We were at the kitchen at that time because I was preparing him some sliced apples when a tall man came inside and he covered up Jeong-hoon's mouth, unable to breathe nor shout. Then once the fruits are settled, I saw that man picked out a blade from our knife holder and he carefully slid it through our cupboard."