Angels Get Hurt Too

SON CHAEYOUNG's POV

"Hey Tzuyu, why didn't y-"

Jeongyeon's words abruptly stopped when I quickly stood up from the dirty soiled ground and I rushed through Mina's crashing walls.

"Baby wait up!" I shouted.

But she didn't even stopped nor looked at me.

"What happened?" I heard Nayeon whispered at Yoo's.

"I don't know either.." Jeongyeon whispered back.

Mina keeps walking away from me. Away from us.

But I keep chasing her.

As I ran through the greyscales of the road in the dusk, my heart keeps beating in a fast motion. Beating in anxiety, nervousness, and curiosity.

"Baby, wait for me!" I shouted once more as she sped up her steps.

Her brunette hair is waving side-to-side as the sun is pouring its light unto her, making her to shine more and bloom like a sprouting flower she is. Even her shadows are pretty and following her in every move she makes.

But in spite of the raging light, she's procuring a darkness within. She raucously wiped her eyes with the back of her hand and the mere thought of it stings my heart.

With all the strength I have left, I ran a mile more and once she's in my reach, I hugged her from behind and dug my head against her nape. Letting my arms to hold her so tight. Letting my body to comfort her crashing walls.

"Baby, I can explain.." I softly whispered. "It's not what it looks like.."

She stopped on her tracks and I felt her body yearned for a heavy breath, but I didn't mind as long as I have her in my arms.

"I'm sorry.." I sincerely apologized.

She sighed gloomily as she slowly vanished from my arms. I felt every bit of her losing in my embrace as a freezing feeling bit on every mark on my body. It was like I'm hugging an imaginary person in my mind.

Her shadows slowly followed behind as she literally disappeared without saying anything to me.

I felt naked without her presence.

The way she vanished from my embrace had a huge impact on my heart as if I don't have one anymore. Like I'm just a lifeless body being controlled by my mind and doesn't have a purpose. It's like my soul left me as well.

I hurt her..

I wanted to protect her but I was the one who caused her pain..

"Chaeyoung!" Jeongyeon shouted. "Where are -- There she is!"

I heard the three are approaching my surrendering body that is nailed to the last place where Hope left me. My eyes are fixated on the ground, not minding the footsteps that are nearing me.

My iris suddenly looked a little bit upwards and I knelt down to pick up a single white feather and I observe it. Letting them talk along the distance.

"Hey what happened?" Jeongyeon asked. "Where's Hope?"

Then I turn to face them and I saw their curiosity voyage looking faces at me whilst the sun is pouring down on each sides of our frames.