Announcement

SON CHAEYOUNG's POV

3 days have passed and I only have 6 days left here in 'The Middle' and I've also got ridden of my infirmary room as I am now staying at Jeongyeon and I's quarter but, we never had the chance to stay in a single room ever since we fought.

It's been 4 days since Hope left us.

I don't even have a clue where Tzuyu is but I hope she's doing well. I kind of miss the youngest too.

I'm in my room right now, laying on my bed, as I'm staring at the marbled ceiling with my hands around the back of my head as I keep throwing out sighs.

The door flew open and my eyes eventually followed the movement as my head stayed still.

It was Jeongyeon.

She was on her usual grey beanie and her dark hoodie with the camera slinging on her shoulder as she grabbed an unfamiliar book on her study table and left.

Our gazes met but she broke it away.

Not that I mind though.

I'd rather be alone and just wait for my time to come.

But it's boring me the fuck up so I eventually grabbed my jacket and I made my way out of the room as I feel the need to go out of my comfort zone.

I saw Nayeon-unnie's in her usual uniform, assisting lost souls in the reception desk with her usual gummy smile but her eyes says the opposite. She's still off about a lot of things and she never mentioned about it to me, even once.

Though I never pressed her about it since I respect her and her decision so I'm still kind of just going through the flow, but at some point, I'm getting worried about it.

I sat at the red couch around the lobby and just watched the older do her own thing. Once the clock strikes 12, she eventually grabbed her time card and hit the break.

She saw me and she waved her hand at me as I did the same. I stood up from my seat as she came to my direction.

"Were you waiting for me?" she asked.

"Obviously." I stated the fact as we both chuckled. "Wanna grab lunch together?"

"Obviously." mimicking my previous words as we went out of Escapade.

Nayeon brought me to a flock of stores around a town that I am not familiar with. It actually kind of gave me some Chinese traditional vibes because of the hanging red lanterns with a text scribbled that I don't understand, the faded red bricked tiles, the aromatic scent of boiling dumplings on a pan, flipping circles of takoyakis with a skewer, different language of music that I cannot comprehend but still is a bop, and the tiny stores filled with red roofs and swarming people.

"Unnie, are you Chinese?"

She laughed, "Do I look like one?" then she looked at me.

"No." I disagreed. "But, why are you taking me into some den full of Chinese."

She laughed so hard that people are now staring at us that made me pull her and take her someplace that people aren't looking at us.

"You're silly Chae!" she said. "This place just reminded me of Tzuyu so I kind of brought you here. This is the market that we visited last time, now go find what you want."

"I only want Mina.." I mumbled.

"What?!" she exclaimed. "You want to eat Mina??"