Chapter 3

Her quiet time was immediately interrupted when three maids barged in. She reigns in her anger about their discourteousness. The sooner she left the household, the better.

She was stripped down, her skin slightly red from the force they used on her. They set up a slightly cold bath and scrubbed her clean. She was ushered in front of the mirror where they gathered the most decent dress they could find while combing her long pink tangled hair.

"Where's the scissors?" She asks, her voice a bit breathy. They all stopped and annoyed by the sudden request.

"I said, where is the scissors?!" They flinched by their voice and went in to get one.

"Cut my hair, I want it above my shoulders." There was no way to threaten them by being the viscount's daughter knowing how neglected she was, and the only way she did was to instill fear. That was probably the only thing that the former Imogen Aviana knew her entire life and she died pitifully under everyone's hands.

"Yes, young miss."

Imogen Aviana was one of the most beautiful woman in the entire continent followed by the empire's beloved princess. Her beauty was considered a calamity for what she was on the outside was simply a distraction to hide the wickedness from within. Born with silky long pink hair, deep teal colored eyes, plump reddish lips and a body to die for, she was bound to seduce anyone that had laid its eyes on her.

She would grow up to be an otherworldly beauty.

Dressed neatly, a black and gold carriage was waiting for her outside. She noticed how the vehicle was in dire need of repair by how many times it had been sullied of countless travels. Only two knights were there to guard her and neither of them seemed to be properly trained judging how soft and supple their hands were. Concha- now Imogen had mentally took notes throughout the entire charade.

She had only packed one luggage, enough to pack her necessities. Her mother had never left an heirloom ever since the viscount took over her family's business and used her deliberately as the bargaining chip.

The inside of the carriage smelt of smoke and cigarettes which made it unbearable, nauseous and uncomfortable for her to ride on. There was also an obvious scent of perfume as the maids probably tried to get rid of the odor but she didn't want to complain, understanding the duchy's current situation.

The servants could never properly maintain the household and the male lead was still traumatized by the recent events, along with the vassals and his close relatives that are only there for the title, the only decision they could do is to marry the duke off of a noble girl with an able mental capacity that could help them.

The estate easily worn down by the constant show of extravagant parties, easily discerned by how the roads sunk from a lot of carriages going and and forth into the palace. The gates had a few screws loose based off of the squeamish sound. There was only one guard outside sitting on chair and would only stood up if someone enters or exits.

In the middle of her silent musings, they had arrived.

She was greeted upon the face of a very distressed face of a butler and several of the family's most trusted servants.

"Lady Imogen, greetings. My sincerest apologies for the slightly uncomfortable ride you have experienced as the duchy is in a very dire situation. I hope you'll still forgive us in the future." She nods.

"It is fine."

"My name is Jackson, Lady Imogen. The duke's butler. And I once again apologize because your grace is still getting ready. He will be downstairs in a minute."

A short young boy crouched in between the servants, silently looking at her, somewhat cautious.

"This humble girl greets your grace." She says but was met with silence. The servants could only watch in sadness as the duke slowly approached her.

He meekly nods but takes her hands on his.

"Your grace, this is Imogen Avianna of House Bettencourt. Your duchess. She will be taking care of you from now on." He was utterly cute and she did nothing but smile at him in reassuringly.

Alphonso Thanatos Esquivel. The Doki Doki, My Hearteu's male lead and also Imogen's ex husband. The only male immune to her beauty. The asian level spicy kind of hotness was now the cute child in front of her, watching her with those lavender colored eyes.