Chapter 1: Worried Hearts, Raging Within And Ares New Plan

Opening Scene: A month has passed since Mark sacrificed himself and took a bullet for Gabrielle so she would live on. Allyson, Racheal, and Gabrielle decided to sell the house, for there are too many memories of Mark that are lingering there. During their drive to Miami, Allyson and Mark worked out their differences, and any disagreements that they had, were getting worked out. At that moment, Allyson felt that they could work everything out and give it another shot. When Allyson looked into his eyes, she saw the joyful look that Mark used to give when they were first starting as a family. She loved that part of him, but now it was all memories. Sure, she will cherish the love that she has for Mark forever, but right now, she needs to focus on her daughters, especially Gabrielle. For something inside her tells her that Gabrielle will need her mom. Maybe not now, but when it happens, she wants to be prepared.
Xena and Gabrielle stayed in Shiloh for a couple of weeks, helping Allyson with various things. Xena was there lending support to all three women, especially Racheal, who at first blamed herself for getting kidnapped. Xena and Gabrielle reassured Racheal that she wasn't to blame for what had happened.
Racheal decided to do school online; for now, she didn't want to deal with the kids at school. Some of them have pity, some don't know what to say, and some really feel for her. But for now, all she wants is to be left alone.
As for Gabrielle, she puts up a strong front for her mom and sister, but deep inside of her, she is raging. Her dad wasn't suppose to die; she knew this deep inside herself. She's angry that her parents even drove to Miami, she's mad that Xena didn't fully kill Metao, and she's mad that she didn't kill him first. She knows something was supposed to happen, but not her dad dying.

Despite what had happened in the past, she loved him. When he fell to the ground in the nightclub and looked at her, the hateful, bitter man was gone. It was her dad from her childhood and tweens, the dad who taught her to love unconditionally. Gabrielle knew something wasn't right; he should be alive right now.

Xena and Gabrielle are now back in Sedona. Gabrielle has kept to herself, just focusing on her final year of college. On a bright sunny morning, Gabrielle sits in front of her laptop, going over the next semesters classes. Xena walks out of their bedroom, looks at Gabrielle, smiles and says, "Morning."

Gabrielle looks up from the screen, smiles, and says, "Good Morning."

Xena walks over to Gabrielle, wraps her arms around her, and asks, "How are you this morning?"

"Good." Gabrielle says as she stands up. "I'll be back; I'm going too for a ride." Gabrielle walks away from Xena, grabs her leather jacket, puts it on, and walks out of the cabin. Xena follows her to the door, looks out, and sees Gabrielle on her new motorcycle that Xena gifted her before everything with Mark happened. Gabrielle starts the bike and rides off down the long driveway and to the road. Xena gets a worried look on her face and says, "Something isn't right."
-----
Thirty minutes later, Xena sits in the living room of the main house. Kira, Sydney, and Joxer sit with her as she tells them about Gabrielle.

"How is Gabrielle doing?" Kira asks.

"I know there are stages of grief, but something is different." Xena says. "She's not herself."

"I noticed it also." Joxer says. "She doesn't look at anyone anymore. She's so quiet. That's not like her."

"Grief is a very powerful emotion," Sydney says. "People handle it differently."

"I know this, but she's been acting different, " Xena says

"She watched her father die, " Joxer says. "That would rattle anyone.

"Back in Miami, she went into a complete rage while at the hospital." Xena says worriedly. "She went off on her mom, on me, and everyone around her. I was able to calm her down, and then her dad passed, and then after his funeral, she shut down. It's like she's closing down to everyone."