Chapter 4- Stressed

I sat on the couch crying after Anakin left.

"Padme are you all right?" A voice said.

I looked up to see Obi-Wan.

"Oh yeah, I am fine. Did you need something?" I said.

"I want to talk about Anakin." He said.

"Ok." I said

"I am worried about him." Obi-Wan said.

"Why?" I asked.

"He is under a lot of stress and he is turning to the chancellor and I feel like he had a hand in his being on council. The council asked him to spy on the chancellor and he said no." He said.

"I have not seen him a few days but I have seen him a little out of character." I said.

"Well keep an eye on him while I am away." He said.

"Oh? Where are you going?" I asked.

"I am going to the outer rims to look for General Grievous." He said.

"Well, I hope it goes well." I said.

"Well, I will leave you to it." He said and left.

I let out a sigh. Things would be so much easier on Naboo.

A few hours later Anakin got home.

"Obi-Wan's been here, hasn't he?" Anakin asked as I walked behind him.

"He came by this morning." I said walking.

"What did he want?" Anakin asked sound cold.

"He was worried about you." I said.

"He  says you have been under alot of stress." I said putting my shawl down.

"I feel lost." He said lingering by the door.

I turned around confused "Lost? What do you mean?" I asked.

"Obi-Wan and the council don't trust me." He said walking to the window.

"They trust you with their lives." I said.

"Something's happening I'm not the Jedi I should be." He said looking out the window. I was very surprised by this. "I want more And I know I shouldn't." He said looking ashamed.

"You expect too much of yourself." I said rubbing his arms.

"I found a way to save you." He said looking at me.

"Save me?" I asked.

"From my nightmares." He said.

"Is that what's bothering you?" I asked thinking I had gotten to the problem.

"I won't lose you, Padme." he said looking worried and angry at the same time.

"I'm not gonna die in childbirth, Ani, I promise you." I said.

"No, I promise you." He said rubbing my face.

"Ani, We can fix this, Just come with me to Naboo, I know you said you don't want to. But what if being in a different place saves me?" I ask.

"I don't know." He said.

"Ani let's run away." I said.

"We can't, I can't leave now, half of the council is gone, Yoda is on Kashyyyk. Obi-Wan is on the out rims. The other ones are out there. It is only me and Mace. I can't leave." He said.

"Ok. If your needed so bad then just go!" I said angry and pointing to the door.

"Do you really want me to leave?" He asked.

"Yes, They need you." I said.

"Ok, Padme I love you." He said. I nodded and he left.

I let out a sigh. This man was going to be the death of me. Did he really just say no to running away because of the council. A new outfit would make me feel better. I walked around thinking about what to do.

Should I leave for Naboo and tell Ani to join me when he wants? Should I go and grab him by that beautiful dirty blond hair and drag him into my ship and to Naboo? I had been pacing for so long I did not see it turn dark. I went to sit down feeling deeply sorry I did not say I loved him back.

I went to my big window and looked to the Jedi temple wondering what Anakin was doing. Was he thinking about me as I was him? I longed for the man who held me by Naboo. But this mand was not him.

C-3PO walked in a bowed.

"Mrs. Padme do you need anything?"He asked.

"Not at the moment thank you. I am just going to go get changed for nighttime." I said

I walked to the closet and found a light blue dress with off the shoulders arms.