17

the next morning, i slept in and daya had to get herself up and ready for ballet practice. fortunately, nick, with his terrible sleeping schedule, had yet to fall asleep from the night before.

"but, mummy usually makes me breakfast."

"i can't cook daya, i suck at it." nick responds.

"don't worry, i'll just go wake up mummy."

"no, daya, come back." although she had already walked away and towards my room. "let mum stay asleep, i'll buy you mcdonald's for breakfast."

"that's not her name." she says quietly. "her name is mummy, nicky, not mum, i'm only four you know." daya holds up four fingers in front of nicks face. he laughs at her and moves her hand away.

"okay, breakfast is done for now, what else do you need?" he asks the four year old.

"to get dressed." she pipes up with a cheeky grin running away from nick. he sighs before getting up to chase her, easily catching up to her little legs. he picks dayanara up over his shoulder and carries her to mine and daya's bedroom. nick puts her down outside of the door and puts his finger over his lips to show her she has to be quiet. they walk into the room, grab her ballet clothes and go back to nick's room.

"okay, here put this on first." he says handing her the soft pink leotard.

"you forgot my undies!" she replies loudly causing nick to go red. "okay, you stay here and i'll go get them." he comes back in and hands them to daya to put on. she looks up at him in disbelief.

"what's wrong?" he says picking up on her signs.

"remember when i said i was four, i need help." nick looks extremely worried as he helps her get undressed. he looks away as he tries to help her. "it's okay nicky, mummy said you're allowed to see me rudie nudie because you're like my daddy." nick doesn't say anything as he sits their processing. "and alex but that's only because he is my bestest friend forever." she continues as nick remains the same. he helps her out on her undies, still very pink in the face before helping her into the rest of her dance clothes.

"okay, quick daya, what do you want? we're about to pull up to the speaker."

"don't forget i'm vegetarian daddy!"