Part 4

"Hey Doyoung's coming home tonight." you mother said while she made you breakfast.

You were sipping your orange juice and nearly choked when she told you the good news.

"W-what?"

"He just boarded the plane!"

"Oh my God!" you exclaimed jumping up from the chair, "I can't believe this! My brother is coming home!" you ran around the kitchen, whipped into a frenzy.

"We'll pick him up at the airport at 9pm, that's when his flight lands."

Silently, you prayed that he would make it safe and sound. But then your stomach sank with dread, Doyoung arriving meant mom and dad would be leaving! And there was nothing you could do about it.

Now it was night time and you were waiting patiently with your parents at the gates of the airport terminal. You stood on your tip-e-toes in the middle of the crowd, trying to peer above the heads of strangers also waiting for their family members, friends and acquaintances to land.

Suddenly, you caught a sight of his unmistakable bob cut and sharp jawline. Doyoung stood tall amongst the sea of passengers, strolling at a leisurely pace like a model touting their finest clothes and luggage to the audience.

His onyx colours eyes caught sight of yours and immediately lit up with recognition.

"Oppa!" You called gladly to Doyoung, waving your hand to him in greeting.

Doyoung blushed at your girlish antics and hurried his pace to meet his family.

"Hey hey!" he said with a shy grin, showing off his cute bunny like smile.

You ran into his arms, making him drop his duffle bag and almost fall backwards.

Doyoung let out a groan, "Woah you've grown up so much! You're almost as tall as me."

He uttered, as you held tightly onto his neck, "I've missed you so much oppa, how could you leave me for a year?"

"Well I'm here now right?" Doyoung earnestly replied, pulling you back so you were face to face with him.

"Yes you are...Finally!" You gave him a sassy eye roll.

Doyoung was exactly how you remembered him. Now that he was officially an adult he had a different air to him, a sense of wisdom that had come with age, but also recklessness. He had seen new things, been to marvelous places and met people who had stretched and broadened his mind with bright ideas. But to you, he would always be your brother, your playmate since the day you were born. This was just a bond that the two of you could never break.

You remembered what he had said to you when the two of you were merely children.

"I'm your guardian Zia, I'll be here by your side and protect you, no matter what."

As you recalled this memory you felt a sense of comfort, knowing that although your parents would be gone for 3 weeks Doyoung would be there for you, come rain or shine.