R-B-R-8-R

It had been a while since the group had added a new long time member. Sure, they always had a couple people pop in and then make their own way once more, but long time members were hard to come by. And, at this point, with cold season coming up, they’d need someone else to hunt with and contribute to the group.

It was another night of heated debate on how to find the person.

“We should just go search out one of the loners from last week! That one girl seemed pretty alright.”

“No! We need to wait for someone to seek us out! We’ve got a good reputation around these parts for surviving; it shouldn’t take too long for someone to come to us.”

“If we wait around, we’ll die!”

“But what if we find someone who isn’t friendly, what then Abs? Are you willing to risk everyone else just to find one more member?”

The boy froze. That’s all he really was- A boy. A boy who lost his family in the apocalypse, just like everyone else here. He shouldn’t have had to take on this role of keeping everyone safe and co-leading the group, but he did.

“You guys,” A murmur came from behind them. Both turned around to face Vicky.

“Uhm, yes, Vicky?” Skits, Abs’ co-leader, stammered. She thought all the others had gone to bed, but apparently not.

“I know a girl. She’s a loner, for now, but I’ve talked to her before when I’ve been out hunting and saw her. She’s friendly.”

Skits and Abs blinked at each other and a smile grew on both of their lips.

“The next time you see her, could you bring her,” Abs asked giddily.

Vicky nodded and went back to sleep.

“Well, I guess that’s all settled then,” Skits chirped.

“Mmhmm,” Abs dipped his head and went to his place beside Bailey and closed his eyes.