0

The clouds were crying on this day, wailing with claps of thunder  screaming out and showing anger with lightning bolts dancing in between the trees.  The tears of the clouds almost shook the house and it was down pouring. The clouds reflected the mood of that very day.   They were much like an emotional man who just lost his lover and his best friend, only this man's storm was inside.  Dream could barely hold back his own tears, the skies cried for him instead. It all didn't seem real.

When he first left them, Dream didn't expect it to be for this long.  They got into a stupid fight that Dream could barely remember.  He saw him go out and sit by the shining lake and the old dead oak tree to cool off.  Couple's fight all the time.  It was normal.  He was supposed to come back inside and make up with him, that's what couples do.  That's what couples do!  They don't go missing. They don't get police and  police search  dogs searching for them in the forests by that lake!  They don't leave like that. They don't get kidnapped after you fight with them!

Georgenotfound was gone.  Dead. Murdered.

Dream still refused to call him dead, it couldn't possibly be right.  The police were wrong. The police were being fucking lazy. George was just like his name, not found.   Just not found.  He's probably sleeping somewhere. He's just not found.  George not found.

Georgenotfound could not be dead. He's just not found.

His friend, Nick knocked on his door.  Dream stared out of the window more.  Dream did not want to answer.

"Hey Clay, I know this is hard.  We gotta get to George's funeral soon. You're supposed to read that speech you wrote remember?" Nick said, after knocking softly for a second time.

"I don't want to. He's not dead Nick! George is out there alive.  The police fucking gave up on him!" Dream yelled and at that moment the lighting bolts striked and there was a big clap of thunder.

Nick sighed through the door, "Clay, I know it's not easy but you just have to accept it.  The police can't find him. There's no trails, there's no information on his kidnapper, and he's legally considered dead."

"Well they're going to have to look harder! He's GeorgeNotFound for a reason! There's no body!" Dream said.

Nick walked away then, letting Dream cool off.  He could be heard mumbling something inaudible to Darryl, probably something showing concern for Dream. Dream kicked over his office chair  in a tornado of emotions and sobbed loudly, much like the storm outside of him.  He slid down against the wall and punched the floor a few times.

Eventually Dream's sobs calmed, and he got up and looked at himself in the mirror.  He looked a mess.  His hair, once washed and put together was now dirty and disheveled.  His eyes, once happily lit up and well rested, was now dull and had huge black bags underneath them.  His lips were chapped and he just looked sick.  He gained a ton of weight by just laying in bed and eating food all day to distract from George being not found still. 

After a few minutes, Dream decided to get dressed and get ready for the funeral.  He guessed he should be here for everyone.  He guessed he should be there to honor George, and maybe hope he shows up at his funeral to prove everyone wrong.    He should be there in case his kidnapper is there, to see if they will let him return. Dream held a black umbrella in his hand, but he felt like just going out there to face the storm, to feel the rain and to have the thunder shake him.  He wanted to feel cold. He didn't want to feel warm without George here.

In the car, he just stared at the angry and upset clouds and at the rain falling down against the glass of his window slowly.  He stared and counted each drop.