Teens at an Amusement Park

August 27, 2000

I woke up to the smell of food, I don't know what it is but it smells good. A little startled I forgot I had slept over at Serj's house. I sat up and grabbed my phone from the coffee table.
No new messages.
"Good morning sleepyhead! I'm making omelettes," Serj said from across the room.
"Good morning," I said yawning.
I completely forgot I was in my boxers, I grabbed my pants and put them on. I folded my blankets and left them on the couch.
Serj was in red checkered pijama pants and a white t-shirt. He was on the stove making omlettes, the stove facing the wall. I walked up next to him and saw that his omelette had mushrooms.
"Can I help with anything?," I asked.
"You can cut the ham, spinach and tomatoes that are on the countertop," he said pointing to all the ingredients on the table. He opened a cabinet door and handed me a knife.
"Thanks," I said.
He hummed in reply.

As I finished cutting up all the ingredients I heard Shavo coming down the stairs. John following shortly after.
"What're you guys cooking?," he asked still in his clothes from yesterday.
"Just omlettes," Serj replied.
"I haven't had omlettes in forever," Shavo responded, walking over to the kitchen.
Serj placed an omelette on a plate and put it on the countertop.
"That's for Daron, he got up earlier," he said sliding the plate towards me along with a couple of knives and forks.
"I'm gonna wait for everyone to have theirs," I said.
"I'll do the same," Serj said.

As we all finally got our omelettes we dug in. Everyone seemed to be hungry because we all ate the omlettes pretty quickly.
"I was thinking we could go to an amusement park or something since it's still the weekend, if you guys can't go that's ok, we can always go another day," Serj suggested.
"I'm free, I don't have anything to do," John said.
"I can go," Shavo stated.
"I'll go too," I added.
"Great, we all need to get ready though, I can drive you guys home and pick you up later?," Serj asked.

Serj was dropping everyone off at their houses. We got to my house. "I'll come back at around twelve," Serj said as I got out the car.
"Ok thanks, see you later," I replied, closing the car door and walking to my house.

"Hey! Where have you been?," my mom asked as I entered the house. She was wearing blue jeans with a pink blouse, her hair up in a ponytail. She had her eyeliner on like always. My mom was about the same height as me and not as slim as me.
"I slept over at my friend's house," I replied. She raised an eyebrow, her arms crossed.
"Well I just wanted to make sure since you've been going out a lot more, it's not like you," she added.
"I just really get along with these guys, they've been inviting me everywhere," I said, causing my mom to smile.
"I'm going out again though, we're going to some amusement park," I said as she followed me to my bedroom.
"Well have fun and don't do anything bad," she said crossing her arms.
"I won't."

I grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom.
After taking a shower I put on some deodorant and put on a black t-shirt with Charles Manson as Jesus on it and a pair of baggy jeans. I headed to my room to put on some eyeliner.

I sat in my room and on my bed. Before leaving I finally got their numbers. We all exchanged phone numbers in the car before Serj dropped everyone off. I couldn't help but stare at my phone, it didn't seem like a lot but having my friend's numbers on my phone made me feel happy. It was 11:54 am according to my phone. I got a text message from Serj.

Serj: We're outside

I pressed the numbers on the keypad of my phone to type out a message.

Ok!

I put my phone and wallet in my pocket.
I walked outside to the bright sun hitting my face. I got inside the car and put on my seatbelt.
"We're goin' to six flags! I've never been there before," Serj said as he started driving off into the street.
"Me neither," I said.
"I don't think anyone has gone then," replied Shavo.