001

A FRAGMENT OF HOPE

he encounters two heroes
on patrol. it lights something
within him.

 it lights somethingwithin him

Getting used to pain, anguish, and constant suffering wasn't an easy feat

Getting used to pain, anguish, and constant suffering wasn't an easy feat. But once you've gone through every single depth of hell, you're pretty sure you can treat the rest like a walk in the park.

Chisaki abused your quirk mutation and treated it as some sort of weapon. Instead of fearing your new abilities, (like everyone else) he pushed you even further past your limits and trained you twice as hard as before. To make matters worse, a new addition had been added to your sessional fights. Eri had to sit in the corner and watch; she was there to make sure you wouldn't lash out and kill everyone in the room. He could only imagine the pressure that brought you.

"And you can't kill me either." Chisaki's voice was low and menacing, but he sounded like he was enjoying this. He seemed to be entertained by your obvious inner conflict. "The second you so much as think about about blowing me up to bits, I'm going to destroy her and take her with me. Unlike me, you don't have the power to reassemble flesh, do you?"

You hated him so much. But he was right. You have had thoughts about killing him. You wanted to push his blood through his eye sockets and have him bleed through every single hole in his body. You wanted to rip him to shreds and watch as his flesh scatters through the walls. You wanted him to die in the worst way possible. For all the suffering he's put you and your sister through. You wanted him to suffer for it too.

But your hands were tied.

If any one in this compound found out that you killed their boss, Eri was as good as dead.

"B-Be careful, Nii-chan!"

You looked over your shoulder to see your sister clenching her fists. Oh, sweet Eri. Despite everything she's seen — despite knowing what you're capable of, she had never once shown that she was afraid of you. She was always afraid for you. It didn't matter to her if she saw you kill a man that night. All she cared about was your safety. You were covered in bandages again, bleeding through open wounds. She hated seeing you like this. She had always been scared just listening to you training. But now that she has to see it?