➸ NCT 127

💕Taeil:

Its two days away from Christmas; snowing and what feels like - 30 degrees outside. It might be freezing cold, but you wanted to stop at the ocean since it looked empty as you and Taeil were driving by it.

      "Y/N," Taeil sighed as he tried to keep some of his face in the collar of his jacket to keep his face from getting cold, "You picked the wrong day to come to the ocean"

     I was just as cold as he was, but the sound of the ocean waves and the smell of the sea kept me in high spirits.

      "Just give it a chance," I gave him a nudge on the arm, even though my hands were still in my pockets, "Its still pretty out here"

       I took a short breath in, glancing at his face and then back at the ocean.

       "What?", he laughed softly.

      "Nothing.", I smirked and looked ahead of us.

       We just aimlessly walked in the sand with our sneakers on. It felt weird to walk on the beach when there were snowflakes falling from the sky, but it felt magical at the same time.

      I discreetly linked arms with Taeil and pulled myself a little closer to him as we kept walking. I felt a little warmer that way, and at this point, warmth was one of the only things I could think of.

       "Wait, lets go this way", I pointed to the waves, "I wanna see what the snowflakes look like when they hit the water"

        Even though I was freezing cold, I was still stubborn. I wanted to make the most of this experience as I could.

      "Race you", I let go of his arm and started running towards the waves.

       "Y/N! Seriously?!", he started jogging behind me.

      "Seriously!", I called back. I glanced behind me and saw him following, which made me smile a little.

      I came to a quick stop when I got to the shoreline, though, and just found myself staring at the water.

      "What is it?", Taeil came up behind me a few seconds later. He was barely out of breath.

     "The snowflakes look so pretty~", I smiled. I felt like a little kid because of how excited I was.

     He just rolled his eyes and shook his head at me, even though he was laughing a little bit, "I'm dating a four year old", he sighed.

     "Did you even look?", I glared at him, "Just...Look at how cool it is"

      He couldn't tell me that the view in front of us wasn't cool. When the snowflakes hit the water, they sparkled for a split second and dissolved a moment later.

      "Your face is all red", Taeil told me plainly.

       "Are you even paying attention?", I looked back at him and held eye contact with him for a few seconds.

     "I saw it, Y/N", he replied as he tucked a loose piece of hair behind my ear, under my hat.

      I just studied his face as he did that. He typically wasn't the kind of person to pull a sweet move like that, so I felt confused. A good kind of confused.

       "Why'd you do that?", I asked quietly.

       "Because you had hair in your face?", he said with the 'duh' tone.