𝙱.𝙺𝚘𝚝𝚊𝚛𝚘𝚞 // 𝙷𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚎𝚗

_____________________________

oneshot requested by the lovely Ofhersimpingways
_____________________________

Enjoy!

He's so cool.

Those three words were all you could think of while watching the 'cool' man spiked the ball with grace and force. It was indeed a lovely sight, a majestic play he had pulled off. And all of it brought your heart flying as though it was the ball he sent falling with power. Your fingers gripped onto the thick book on your chest, unable to take your view away from the man.

They were only practicing, he was just practicing his almost perfect skills, and yet ⁠— yet the lady, you; couldn't utter a word after all the amazement you have seen.

Again, you heard his call for his setter; shouting with passion along with the game. Another loud spike, sliding smoothly on the sides and avoiding any possible blocks. Bokuto hit it almost like a god, a perfect spike that he alone can do. At least that was your thought, in your deep eyes, he is the best player out there. His abilities and perseverance were his booming demeanor, and it never fails to catch your obscure attention.

Perhaps, (Y/n) just found where she felt bliss at. Even from afar, just the view, the sight, and the place where he sojourns ⁠— it was enough. Enough to curve a smile on her face that scarcely ever happens.

The court was brimming in continuous shouts and constant squeaking sounds of shoes against the court ground that was all ear-piercing. But then again, you can shrug it all away for a man had completely taken place in your eyes.

How can one man be so enchanting? In addition to his majestic being was his adorable schemes that you could never get enough of.

You were never a girl so loud, and cheery like him. In fact, the opposite of your aspects and his are massively in amount. What would you expect? Bokuto is a man so charming in his way, and the aura he emits can light anyone up with just a single smile. And you? You are far from what he is to be.

(Y/n) has always been so unsure with factors such as feelings and emotions. Whether you like him or not, you never tried to understand. But one thing is absolutely sure ⁠— he was a man who can entrance you at the very least, and up to what is beyond.

The girl took a light step further from the metal door that leads inside the court. You widened your eyes and felt as though you were trapped at the scene. "Wow..."

You mumbled softly in such a humdrum manner. Being a reserved and quiet woman means living your life treating as if you're an outcast. Antisocial can be another term to describe what you have become; a woman hiding beneath the thick book over her face. But you never hated being like that, rather, it was a silly fiasco to have you blushing and shuddering when someone calls your name.

When he calls your name.

Your sweet (e/c) eyes glinted as it grew wide, watching in awe and chest-thumping at such an instant. You gulped the series of praiseful words down your throat, moving in further inside the court. Bokuto never fails to amaze you, even after all the years you two were in the same class. You just couldn't suppress how ravishing you see him be.

But that was all of it, all you could do ⁠— was watch him silently from afar.

A sad smile rose on your lips, thinking back to what happened not too long ago. He was calling out to you, remarking your name from the class window as he waved his hand to greet you. You were surprised naturally, but is that too hard to wave back?

Now, that is probably the worst mistake you've ever done in your life. Regretting the action your mind and heart contradicts.

The sun was already falling asleep, and the sky is painted with orange hues. Players take their time not wasted even for a while, and you perceived that multiple times. So there was no use of you watching here. Loosening your grip from the book you always read, you stepped back from the opening and let out a sigh. Maybe, just maybe, a day would come when you'll be able to converse with him.

(Y/n) tucked her hair behind her ears, and sole sighed once more. You looked up at the flame-colored sky and reminisced the view where the sun rays were kissing his owl-like face. Then you walked away, taking one last glance at him leaping from the ground.

It seems time was dwindling as you took your last look; he again, perfectly form a cross-shot. Before you looked away and treaded facilely away from the majestic court of fukorodani.

Someday, you wished, that your desired day would come when the shyness you bear would fade away. But weeping and mulling over that dream is a waste of time. And you let your dainty feet take you to who knows where. Probably, away from the man that have you brooding in a fathom.

But destiny seemed to be fond of unexpected twists.

"Hey hey hey, (Y/n)!"

Your eyes widened, glistening at the setting sun as you froze to where you stopped. There it is again, the beating, and the thumping of your heart. The little hairs from all over your body propping up, and his voice was all it took to have you on edge. (Y/n) felt as though her ankles were trapped to the ground; unable to escape.

Footsteps erupted from behind, and you gulped what was left of your fears down your throat and managed to turn around. But just like then, time was moving like a snail, slow and gradually calm as it moves. You didn't get to look back, and you were glad you didn't in hope of hiding your crimsoned face. A muscular arm was wrapped around your dainty shoulder, and you stood in shock.

It's him! It is Bokuto who out of nowhere threw his gallant arm to embrace your shoulder. And he was smiling like a charming prince as you turned your head to meet his face. His gray-dark duo colored mane was as usual in a spiky manner, and you can see how his cream skin takes the sun rays as a lotion.

You stuttered softly, unable to express any words. Your heart was still in shock as you do, and the butterflies suddenly started flying in your guts. What now?

Bokuto stared down at your form and kept his smile. "Let's hang out!" He exclaimed, and surely it was not a request, and if it was then you wouldn't be able to decline.

A fraction of time your mind and heart took, and you could feel how his smile almost melted your frame. And the moments you were taking after he said those words was to build up the courage. Courage to speak, to respond, and to look at him with the same gaze he gave you.

You did it successfully, and you smiled warmly as you looked at him. "Sure." Was all you replied and peered into his loving eyes.

Just then, Bokuto felt as though he had seen an angel. An angel smiling in delight. And he couldn't help but admire her to the fullest.

End

I hope you enjoyed this one! It was fun to do! More oneshots coming soon but author-chan can get busy umuuu. Also, if you're a fan of demon slayer don't forget to read my other book!

-Mrs.Shinazugawa