Prologue.

A.J Lee.

I looked at my hair in the mirror making sure it looked just right before I headed out to the ring to propose to Phil. I slowly walked out of the bathroom proceeding towards the ramp. I heard my theme go off into the arena. I skipped out while I heard cheers all throughout the crowd. I entered the ring seeing Phil in the middle with his WWE Championship across his shoulder. I smiled at him before walking over to the ring announcer who handed me a microphone. Bringing the microphone up to my lips, I began to talk knowing this would go well. "CM Punk, I have to say one thing to you. I love you and I can't get you off of my mind." I said hearing awe's throughout the arena. Phil stared at me before hugging me. I hugged back. Phil's hugs were the best in this world, just like him. I saw Phil walking out of the ring.

"Punk, wait!" I said screaming towards him getting his attention to walk back towards me. I got down on one knee and Phil's expression changed within a second. "CM Punk, will you marry me?" I said asking sweetly. He smiled at me before speaking into his microphone. "A.J, you're such a sweet girl." He said before pausing. "But, I'm not gonna marry you." My smile dropped into a frown. "I'm sorry if me saying this hurts you right now, and I know it does. I apologize, I'm so sorry A.J." He said before walking towards me. Phil hugged me tightly before leaving the ring. I looked down at the ring mat while Phil walked backstage and the crowd started almost crying with me. I wiped a tear off of my cheek knowing that if I cried, it would just be worse than it already was.

Walking backstage, more tears filled in my eyes messing up my make-up. I saw Kaitlyn coming up to me looking sad with me. "A.J, I'm so sorry that he rejected you. He shouldn't of did that to you. You're a wonderf-" I cut her off by smacking her fiercely. I looked back at her with a dirty look. I wiped off the tears once again. Walking inside my locker room, I grabbed my phone before calling my mom. "Mom, I'm coming home for a while. I need a break." I said stuttering while talking because of my crying. "I figured baby. I saw what happened. Just know that I love you." I smiled for a second before frowning once again. I hung up the phone and began packing some of my clothes for the trip. I hadn't been home since last Christmas.

I picked up my bags and slipped my phone into my pocket. I left a note for Eve saying I'd be back in a month's time. I hurried out of my room and got into my car before driving off to the airport. The last thing I said before I left was, "You will regret this, Phil, trust me."