Chapter 10: Pity

You sat in the empty waiting room, flipping through an old copy of Vogue, waiting for the nurse to call your name. Your mind wandered back to a week ago when you saw Charlie at the club and the rollercoaster of emotions; jealousy, anger and pleasure filled moments that followed afterwards. A smirk appeared on your face, recalling how you left Charlie lying on the bed, alone, covered in his own cum as you walked out of the hotel room he lured you to and went home instead.

Home... or rather so, Jeffrey's couch. You really needed to find your own place before you outstayed your welcome. Rubbing your forehead, you considered how much your life had changed over the last two weeks. In that time you went from being in a long term relationship to fucking your director, your ex and uncovering some mighty fine kinks you apparently now have.

You had successfully avoided both Charlie and Ben during each show over the last week, making sure to arrive and leave before anyone could catch you or ask questions. It helped that neither of them tried calling or texting, which if you were being honest with yourself, only made you even more annoyed.

A soft female voice called your name, snapping you back to reality. You followed the nurse back to the exam room, placing your purse on a chair and sitting on the exam table, crossing your ankles as they dangled down.

"So, looks like you're here for a pap smear and STD panel?" The nurse asked while typing away on her laptop.

"Yep." you replied, giving her a closed grin, nodding along.

"Okay... and are you sexually active?" She asked, never taking her eyes off the laptop screen.

"Yep." you said, again, tapping your fingers nervously on your thighs.

"And what form of birth control are you currently on?" She asked, peering up over the screen this time.

"The pill.....and condoms."

Images of Charlie cumming hard inside of you flashed into your head. The handful of careless times you let him rip into you without protection all because the heat of the moment overshadowed logic and reason. You felt your stomach twist and palms become sweaty at the blatant lie you just told. You had been careful with Ben, always using condoms and taking the pill at the exact same time, everyday to avoid any unexpected surprises. Charlie was the first person that you were so irresponsible with in bed since the fling you had years ago with your biology professor. Passion was your enemy when it came to being safe.

The nurse finished her assessment and before you knew it, you were legs up, with the best of you on display as the gynecologist performed your pap smear.

Pressure, pinching, flinching, then done.

You heard the sound of latex gloves being pulled off. "Everything looks good. The results from your panel should be back within a few days."

You sat up and thanked her, feeling some kind of relief that everything "looked good" in her opinion. A part of you worried that you caught something from Charlie given his loose history with women but you were also being loose yourself, having slept with Scarlett and Charlie within a day of each other. It ain't easy being a pimp.

You met up with a landlord later that day to check out a small studio in a quiet, lowkey neighborhood that was in your price range. The place smelled old and musky but it had a lot of charm. It was one room, wooden floors, with a small kitchen. The only catch was that each floor shared a communal bathroom. But you were fine with it since it reminded you of your college dormitory years. Not that you even had a choice, this was the fifth place you had looked at in the past week that came even close to your budget.

The landlord was eager to get someone in and paying rent right away so you were able to fill out the paperwork, sign the lease and get the keys immediately. Once alone in the apartment, you sat on the creaky wooden floor in the middle of the room, looking around and feeling a sense of accomplishment. This was your first official 'single gal' apartment and although it wasn't much, it was all yours.