Crime

Though his stomach was empty, Jooheon ignored the smell of food coming from every table, at every corner, and only focused on his mission. In the end, he could have a full belly, but – right now – he must make the rational move.

Rational, as kidnapping someone would be rational at least once.

The thinking was disturbing him. He crossed the crowd, all the fancy gentlemen and pretty ladies standing like they had the whole night to smirk at each other and just spend thousands of dollars in electricity bills to keep all those chandeliers lit. God, please, he can't direct his hate to the other rich people. The only one will be enough – and he's being paid.

When he got to the edge of the hotel hall, he saw a known face – the boss - watching over a glass of wine.

Jooheon kept walking like he owned that hotel like he was one of them. He tried to dress like them and walk like them– but he could not, as he walked with shrugged shoulders and low gaze – an underdog.

"...Do you have everything you need?" the man asked him when Jooheon got close enough. The boy turned and nodded. "Good.", the boss took another sip of wine.

When reading the Bible, Jooheon always wondered how an ancient drink should taste. He tried to avoid it, but his eyes stuck to the glass, and the hand holding it. Jooheon could cut that hand off just to take the glass and taste it. But he shouldn't.

"You see the woman in white. You look to the right. She's alone and reading a newspaper. It's easy to see." Suddenly, the man looked to the opposite side, making Jooheon very confused. He should look to the right, but the boss was looking to the left...

Oh! Jooheon blinked, understanding. Discretion. He almost didn't get it.

He slowly stretched his head to the left, and then, right, pretending to just warm up to something.

"She doesn't pay attention and people don't pay attention. Go and do what you have to do."

Jooheon nodded, immediately started moving.

The woman was sitting in one of the lonely armchairs at the end of the hall, near the back door, where she could avoid the sultry atmosphere with the cool night's breeze coming in. She was reading some old newspaper let in the hotel's entrance. Something to entertain her through the hours. Jooheon saw all those details, but he didn't reason when grabbing her shoulder and throwing her against his chest, with an arm immobilizing her movements and the other hand pressing a piece of cloth onto her nose.

For a moment that seemed endless for Jooheon, she tried to fight back, but then, she had passed, falling on his arms. Jooheon didn't look behind while carrying the lady outside.

It happened too fast. He put her on his shoulder and hurried to the car, parked at the back of the hotel. Carefully, Jooheon chose the most shadowy path, in a glimpse, he was already driving away.

By the next hour, he couldn't remember what happened. He knew he had made his way to the captivity place, parked the car in the garage, and carried the victim upstairs, laid her on the couch, and tied her hands together. All the rest... how, why, when... it was a mess.

Jooheon only stopped to think when everything was over.

He took a deep breath and looked around, the uninhabited room, empty, dirty – cold. He rose his eyes to the girl on the couch, her head was falling in an uncomfortable angle, and she did not move.

She looked... dead.

Jooheon tried to not panic and just drift his hand over her face. She was breathing, thank God!