Run

Jooheon's hand was trembling at the sides of his body. He looked at Y/N, he wandered around, the room was dark but well decorated; he searched for some escape. There was a window, but it looked closed (very well closed) by years of abandonment. If it was stuck, it'd make too much noise when forced. It would warn Henry about their plan of running away through the farm's yields.

The boy knew he couldn't do what Henry wanted him to do.

"What now? Are you going to stand there? They'll come and take you from here, anyway." She sarcastically sat on the bed; hands tied to her back. Jooheon took a deep breath, one step after the other to the bed.

Although Y/N was audacious, she hesitantly looked at him, probably thinking he was about to do what she's been grumbling he wouldn't. It was scary, Jooheon knew. He learned in the streets that the more you show yourself being dauntless, the more you fear.

Jooheon inspected the strings on her wrists. It was different from the ones he used before, it looked more resistant. He'd need a blade to cut it off. Y/N didn't say a thing when he sat beside the bed and took a knife from his sock, inside the boots. She only held her breath, imagining what'd he uses the blade for. When the strings were cut, she let the breath out in one, almost crumbling to the side, as her arms fell too.

"We need to open the window, but it maybe will make a noise." He told her, believing she was smarter and so would think in a better plan. The girl looked at the window. She studied it until understanding what they should do. "What do we do?" Jooheon couldn't hold back the question.

"You'll open the window. It's old, but I'm sure it will open if you try. Once you open it, we need to walk close to the wall until that other wall hides us from the front door. They're still in the cars, but I think there's no one in the backyard. I don't know how we can run into the farm. Actually, I don't have an idea if we'll be able to reach the road."

"We can steal one of the cars." He looked through the window to the place where four cars were parked. One of them was the car that brought Y/N to the farm, with him as the driver. Jooheon knew the keys were in his pocket, he didn't even think about putting it there, but now he thanked destiny. "I have the keys"

"You have the-"she shut "Oh, right. You were driving the car that brought me here. Thank you."

"I couldn't reject it. And... I shouldn't help you again. It's not only about me. I need to protect my grandma." Jooheon heavily breathed "I can't be caught."

Y/N stared at him for a moment, some thoughts taking her mind and making her wonder if he'd give up and just make what Henry wanted. But part of her already trusted him. She knew in this game, it was better to only trust yourself, but... it's hard to play alone.

"Your name is Jooheon, right?"

"Yes. And yours is Y/N"

"Take me to my boss's house, he'll know how to deal with Henry."

"What happens to me, then?"

"We'll help. I promise you. My boss will compensate you for saving my life twice."

He didn't know if he could believe her, because that family had a weird story, but maybe the boss was Y/N's father and he would really help Jooheon to pay for grandma's hospital bills. Maybe this was God's sign that he should make the good thing again and only trust His hand to make all the odds work out well.

All things work together for good for those who love the Lord.

"Alright. What do you think we should do about the noise?"

"Don't worry." Y/N got away, going to the bed and suddenly standing there. She jumped once "NO! STOP, YOU BASTARD! I SWEAR I'LL EAT YOUR BALLS IN MY BREAKFAST!"