Prologue

---

Warning: This work of fiction, names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the product of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual person, living, dead or actual events is purely coincidental.

Do not distribute, publish, transmit, modify, display or create derivative works from or exploit the content of this story in any way. Please obtain permission.

---

"Let's go. Faster run!" Mom said as her left cheek is bleeding because of a small cut.

"Why? Where's dad? Why is your cheek bleeding?" I asked as my heart starts to beat so fast.

"I'll answer that later. For now, we need to hurry." She said as she hold me and my sister's hand.

In the middle of the woods, we run as fast as we can. Luiza told me that she can feel that someone's following us but we never look back.

"They're following us. Who are they?" Luiza asked breathing heavily.

"We need to lose them." Mom said.

"How?"

"You know your aunt Loize's house right?" She asked whispering, I jus nod. We barely go there just to visit her. "Let's meet there. You know the exit here. I'll lose them ok?" She said as she gave me my sister's hand and run at the opposite way.

I hold my sister's hand tightly as we run to get out of the woods.

"I'm tired." Luiza said panting.

"Not now. We need to hurry." I said still running.

"Okay."

When we got out of the woods, we run towards our bike that we always hid inside the small cave that is cover with leaves.

"Drink some water." I gave Luiza the water. When I was about to ride my bike I heard a noise.

"We lost the kids. But the mother is still trying to escape." A man said.

"They can't be too far away. They're just somewhere out here. We need to find them." Another man spoke.

I look at Luiza, she looks weak and afraid for a second. But when she sees me looking at her, she immediately change her facial expression. She looks strong and not afraid anymore.

I look at the cave's secret door as I heard them speak again.

"We lost the kids, Madam." The first man's voice said. "Yes madam. We are sorry... We will find them... Yes."

"We need to find the mother. Let's find the kids soon." The last thing he said as they run again in the middle of the woods.

I walk towards my sister.

"Are you alright?" I asked as I rub her back.

"Yes. They're gone. Let's go." She said giving me the bottle of water.

When I was about to paddle, my eyes caught a small piece of paper.

I whispered the word that I just read before starting to paddle and chase Luiza.

---

"Aunt Loize." We said as we entered our aunt's house.

"Oh god. You both are safe. Thank God." She said as she run towards us and hug us. "Where's Zanedie?"

"She.. told us that she needs to lose those guys that are following us." I said.

"Ok. Good thing I send my personal guard there." She said as she gets our bag.

"Are you both tired? Do you want to wash first then go to sleep?" Aunt Loize asked smiling at us.

"We'll just wash first and we'll wait for mom here." Luiza said and walk towards the stair.

I smiled and bow to my aunt first before following her.

---

When we are already finish fixing our stuffs. We go downstairs.

"Zanedie! Oh my god. You're safe." My aunt said as she welcomes my mom.

"Mom!" Both me and Luiza shouted as we run and hug her.

"My Princesses." She said as she hugged us back. "You both are tired. Both of you needs to sleep now." She said smiling but her eyes is full of sadness. We just nod and go upstairs.

As we entered our room we saw our cousin siting at our bed.

"Hey, twins. How are you?" He asked.

"We're fine. We just need to sleep. It's been a long day, we kept on running in the middle of the woods." I said as I lay down. "Good night."