Chapter 18

It was the day of Cruella's funeral and Emma walked into the diner where the others were sat together.

"I'm going after Gold. He made this happen, he needs to answer for it," Emma said.

"Careful, don't go off half-cocked," Killian said.

"Hook's right. He wants you angry," David said.

"I think angry is an understatement," Will said.

"Yeah, well, I am angry. That doesn't mean he's gonna get what he's after. Do I wish I could change what I did to Cruella? Yes. Bt that's regret, not darkness. I think we've all done things we regret," Emma said.

"Emma's right... Right now, we need to focus on one thing... How to keep my ex-husband and the Author from causing any more damage," Calista said and Will took hold of her hand.

Maleficent walked into the diner, "I might be able to help with that," Everyone looked at her, "It now appears we have a common foe... Rumpelstiltskin," Maleficent said.

"He resurrected you," Will said.

"To help himself, not me. Cruella's death only confirmed that," Maleficent said.

"Oh. Now, you want to turn on him before he turns on you," Killian said.

"I knew Gold couldn't keep the dragon on her leash for long," Regina said.

"What do you want?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Nothing from you, but your daughter," Emma looked at her and Maleficent looked at her, "I hear, has a talent for finding people," Maleficent said.

"Yeah, I do. Who do you want found?" Emma asked.

"My daughter," Maleficent said.

"She's alive?" Mary Margaret asked.

"Yes. She survived the journey to this land... The journey you sent her on. You want to prevent Rumpelstiltskin from achieving whatever he wants. What better way than leaving this town and helping me?" Maleficent said.

"I'm not running away from Gold," Emma said.

"It's not running from him. It's hindering him," Maleficent said.

"She's right, Em," Calista walked over and the two looked at her, "He wants you dark and he wants you here... This girl has probably been through some of the stuff you may have been put through... Who better to bring her home to her mother, than someone with a similar life?" Calista said.

Emma looked at Maleficent, "What do you know about her?" Emma asked.

"Just what the Dark One showed me... That she was banished to this world 30 years ago, to a place called Minnesota, where she was adopted by a couple and they named her Lilith," Maleficent said.

Emma looked shocked, "No," Emma said.

"Emma? What is it?" Killian asked and they all watched her leave the diner.