3) An insincere apology for her

Days later, I finally came out of my room and didn't talk much, but after a while Tori taught me how to cope. I've also noticed she's been behaving differently ever since... weird.

I really can't forget the day Frisk left us. My heart ponders to go search for her or even just think about her in an infinite loop. Gee, kiddo. What did you do to me?

"Hey, idiot. What are you waiting for?! It's time for you to go and supervise Papyrus's cooking lessons! Don't want him blowing up my house again even after 47 times of renovations!!" Undyne yelled at me, clearing the cloud on my mind.

"Yeh, I'll ketchup on the both of you soon. You go first, fish lady," I insisted as I winked, shrugging at her as she scrunched up her face. "You're weird, skeleton. I'M MARRIED TO AL Y'KNOW!" she said while facepalming. "Whatever, you better not be late or else you're paying for the renovations if something happens!"

"Yeah sure, you go on ahead. I got my magic stock to teleport anyway," I insisted again. She just grumbled and dashed off to her house. Suddenly, I heard bushes rustle behind me. I shot up and turned around rapidly, paranoid and confused.

I sweated a lot and told myself I had to go to that fish's house before something worse can possibly happen. I suspect on being stalked or watched before I teleported. This is just straight up frightening.

I arrived and got inside. "See? Told ya I'd ketchup," I said, making Undyne jolt down her pasta box and throw a couple of tomatoes in my face. "...Yeah, guess I'm ketchup now," I said while chuckling and wiping off the tomatoes on my face.

"...Oh, it's just you, comedian," Undyne said, calming down and facepalming. "SANS, NO MORE PUNS OR ELSE YOU WON'T GO TO GRILLBY'S!!!!!!!" Papyrus screeched. "Yeah, sure.. fine," I said while laughing lowly. "Alright, Papyrus!! The ingredients are ready, so let's get going! And YOU, SANS, you BETTER SUPERVISE!" Undyne shouted, grabbing my brother.

"PLEASE DON'T NOOGIE THE SKELETON-" Papyrus struggled from the fish lady's hard grip on him. "Oh, right," she said, laughing awkwardly and putting him down. "I forgot that you were a goofy wimp."

My eye flashed at her, signaling that she should've took those words back. I grinned and calmed down while Undyne sweated really hard. "Uhhh, yeah right!! Let's begin now!" She said with a glorious smile.

Thank god no renovations were necessary for this cooking session, otherwise I would need a new job.

At home, we discussed about the incident at which Frisk left and how we felt about it. As awkward as it was, everyone felt pessimistic from that. Everyone just can't forget about our fellow ambassador. Later, we decided to have a movie night.

Before we began, we decided to skip the news ad and wait until it began. We were watching a heart-wrenching yet heartwarming love story (Al and fish lady chose it... duh.) It reminded me back to when I was still with Frisk.

Oh my god, what the fxxk is wrong with me???

When we finished it, it was already midnight and I wanted to head into my room and sleep like I'm dead, but Tori stopped me before I even tried to approach the doorknob. "Sans... get ready before you sleep first, then talk to me in the garden in private, please. I'll be waiting," she whispered.

"Uh, sure, why not?" I said while shrugging then getting in. I don't have anything to prepare, but I looked at a photo frame. It was back in the underground when Frisk was still with us. In the portrait was me, Paps and her.

Good days.

I hung my skull low until I suddenly remembered that Tori wanted to speak with me in the garden. I put the photo frame away, and with a heavy heart, I miserably thought of her for a while and finally managed to get up. Then, I slowly walked through the backdoor and into the garden.

Tori was wearing a simple ruffled black dress, awaiting for my arrival.

"Whoa.. what's with the sudden formality?" I asked while shrugging and chuckling as she shot around. "Oh, it's just you, Sans. Please, take a seat," she said as she directed me to under the shades near our tea-time spot with everyone back then.

Before I could say anything, she smooched me on my cheekbone as my eyesockets turned dull.

"Sans, forgive me for the sudden confession, but I really like you.. no, I really love you. I've been wanting to say this for a long while ago, but I feel like Frisk is in the way... now that she's left, I would like to make this confession. Sans.. will you.. be my boyfriend?" she asked while her cheeks were peachy pink.

"..."

"but I feel like Frisk is in the way".

What does she know? That just felt... really off.

"Also, the rustling bushes... I was in there, watching you behind from afar," she admitted as she gripped onto my hand, but I pulled away.

"S-S-Sans? What's.. what's wrong?" she asked immediately as soon as she was startled from my sudden reaction. "Did I say something wrong? I.. Is my hand too cold? Are you tired or something-"

"Tori, stop."

"...eh?"

I took a deep breath and breathed out.

"I'm sorry. I can't return your feelings. I already love someone else than you."

She was silent and started to sob and cry as I got up. "This is insincere, but I have to go. It's getting really late now," I insisted as she screamed after me, holding my hand not wanting me to leave her. "WAIT, NO! WHAT DO THEY HAVE THAT I DON'T? PLEASE, I.. I CAN CHANGE FOR YOU-"

"Enough!" I shouted at her miserably, swept her hand off of mine. And without a second thought, I stormed off.

I really regret what I just told her. I'm really in this bloody mess. Frisk... look what you made me. This lovesick skeleton who wants to see you again after everything you've done to me.. like a curse.

I will see you again one day and do anything for you... even if it means for me to break "her" heart.

[Word count: 1034]