Chapter One

Chapter One

A girl of 15 waited on the crub for the yellow limosine that was to haul her and a bunch of other kids off to prison for the day. It pulled up slowly creaking to a stop in front of her and she slowly stamped her way onto the limosine. She sat at the very back ignoring everyone around her. Her life was so meaningless that no one noticed her presence. They looked right through her. She keep her head down all day avoiding human contact at all costs. She was so unseen that even the most wanted didn't mess with her because she was invisible to them.

The prison wards were never aware of her in their block. She never did as she was told. She pretended she was in a different world; a world where she was all alone with only herself.

Up and down her arms were cuts that she had made herself. She did it to make sure she was human and alive. It didn't hurt her anymore. It was as if paindidn't exsist at all. She was immune to pain, but she continued to do it because when she saw her blood flowing out, it showed proof that she still was alive.

She was so used to being ignored and ignoring that she hadn't noticed that someone had come and sat next to her on the seat. The thing that made her aware of the presence was a hand that had snapped its fingers in front of her face.

She blinked and looked up. A boy also of 15 sat next to her looking at her as if she was some sort of science experiment. He had dark shoulder length straight hair. His eyes were a piercing green color that held traces of sadness in them. As if they had seen a lot of dispair and destruction. He wore a black V neck t-shirt and black jeans with a pair of black and red Vans.

"Are you ok?" he asked watching her carefully.

"Yeah I'm fine," she snapped at him. Usually when she said something people would cringe at her tone of voice, but this boy didn't even blink. She was unimpressed by him and quickly tired of him and turned to look back out the window.

The boy still hadn't left her side once the limosine rolled to a stop in front of the prison gates. She turned back to him and asked in a sarcastic tone, "Can I help you?"

"Maybe. I'm new here and you seem like someone I could talk to," he replied meeting her icy glare with a smirk.

She was taken aback by his reply. She never spoke to anyone and she really wasn't the speaking kind. She wondered who this boy could possibly be and why he thought she was someone he could talk to. He looked like he had money. His shirt and jeans were name brand and his shoes looked far from cheap. "Who are you?" She asked him narrowing her eyes at him.

"Name's Derek. What's yours?"

"Amerest. Now if'll you excuse me I need to get to my class." She stood up and crossed over him since he was blocking he way to the aisle. Making sure she didn't fall she grabbed on to the seat to the right of her and leaned on it so that she could put some distance between her and Mr. Come- Out- of- Nowhwere. She was about to trip on the seat when a pair of hands gripped her shoulders keeping her from falling face first to the black floor.

When she was balanced on her feet, Derek let go of her. "Are yoalways this big of a clutz" He asked her amusement shining in his eyes.

"No. I'm very well balanced. The seat just tripped me." She said not looking at him. She brushed herself off and walked away from him. Leaving him watching her with amusement. He watched as she carefully made her way to the building. Her long straight jet black hair flying out behind her. She wore a skin tight long sleeved shirt that said over the front "Ignore Me If You Wish" written in red. She had torn blue jeans and black converse. She had a grey shoulder bag with a picture of Jack skeleton on it. She walked with her head down avoiding contact with anyone. No one approached her and no one seemed to notice her.