A Door is a Weapon

"Brooke, seriously.. I mean" -

"Shh!" I cut him off.

I pointed at the tv that was now showing live footage from what was the wreck last week.

"Is that your parents car..?" he says unbelievingly.

"I... I think so." I say, the words catching in my throat.

"This can't be real." he says backing up almost tripping on his mom who still laid in the floor.

"It is."

"Brooke, what do we do? Black Ops only teaches you so much! We're all going to die." he says with panic written all over him.

"We're not going to die." I say sternly.

"Look, they're back."

The news lady was back on the TV.

"With the latest crisis of the world spreading to Europe and Africa we wonder how some places are holding up."

"Yes, that's right Molly. It appears the chemicals in the air traveled to Europe the last couple of days. Today we received news that most of the European lands are in ruin."

The man on the television was trying hard to steady himself. His hands looked as if they were shaking and his eyes were watering. The woman just looked upset all over. You could see it in her eyes.

"Yes, Steve. Scientist are now claiming that The Infected feed on human bodies. Here is our interview with Scientist Roger McLain this morning.

"I am here with Roger McLain, a scientist who knows all about The Infected and is willing to tell us."

"Yes, thank you Molly. I found that the chemicals that were being carried by the truck that caused the wreck last week in Georgia were a new line of genetically engineered military weapons. They were intended to be used in war."

"Why would the military need such a weapon?" said Molly looking quiet appalled.

"The government fears world war 3 is nearing. I guess in a way it is here, but because of their own mistake. The Infected feed on human intestines and blood. This is how they stay alive. They need direct nutrients already made into substances our bodies can use because their bodies can not digest or create the nutrients needed to survive."

Roger McLain looked as if he hadn't slept in days.

Mrs. Evans stirred on the floor.

"Mr. McLain, how do we stay alive?" By the way Molly asked the question you could tell she wanted the answer for herself as well as the audience.

"We kill The Infected."

"How do we do that?"

"Making sure there is no possible way it could eat. Chop it's head off. Take out it's heart, if it has one. Burn it."

Molly made a noise.

"Looks like we're out of time. We expect to see more of Mr. McLain."

With that, it went to commercial.

"You'd think They wouldn't show commercials..."

"What kind of sick joke is this?" Mrs. Evans looked beyond pissed.

"Mom calm down, there's nothing we can do." Collin tries to grab her but she blocks his arm.

"No! This isn't funny!"

"MOM! Seriously. We know!"

Collin has his mothers temper.

"My parents aren't just dead. My little brother too. They're infected. They're zombies..." I say sinking to the floor.