11 - Just Tell Me The Time Please

Elisa's POV

It's been forever since that Buffy guy walked out and I can see my hope slipping right out of my hands and I can't even cry over it.

None of this was my fault, being my father's daughter, my father stealing from someone like him, me being forced to attend that stupid party. None of it was my fault and yet I'm the one suffering. Karma sure has a funny way to deal with shit, and it didn't even go after the right person.

The change of clothes stopped coming a few days ago, I've been trying so hard to not overuse the water in case that runs out too. Or maybe that beast would stop sending food just cause my father hasn't reached out. And what if that bulb runs out and no one comes to change it? I will be left in the dark for the rest of my miserable life. I will most probably die in this room.

I clutch the charm on my wrist tight again, I've been turning to it for comfort for so long that I have what looks like a permanent impression on my right palm.

I go on to knock on the door twice to hear if someone is out there. No response comes back and I'm left here in this room maybe till my death, having no idea how long I've already been here.

I am sure that there have been more than 2 days in a row where I haven't even spoken one word, there is nothing to talk to. The light bulb above the door only makes so much visible where I know the end of the wall.

I try to take a bath every day, but it is horrible to wear those same clothes over and over again, I can feel a few holes in the top starting to appear and I felt disgusted more and more every day so I only shower after every 10th meal.

The meals are the only way to keep track of anything at all. I knock twice after each of them just to know what day it is, and how long I've been here.

All I want right now is to know the time, just that. I know I'll probably die here, I know my father won't come for me unless it benefits him and I have given the last ounce of hope and the only thing I ask for is the time that no one is willing to give.

I sit at the end of the bed, hugging my knees like I have been doing since I got here. I hold the charm in my hand like I've been doing, and I cry myself to sleep in that position like I've been doing for a while now.

A slumber pulled me towards itself, one filled with nightmares of the beast that has been holding me here. The nightmares only end when I scream myself awake only to realize it is true and the tears run down my face like the rain.

The agony keeps on growing with every minute I spend here. I tried all that I could to get out of here, it wasn't much as there is not even a window present, and after I tried to bust open the lock using the end of my bracelet, I got to know that it is locked digitally with a pattern. I tried to dig my way through the wall some time ago, using my hands. They came out bloody with multiple scratches on the wall but not enough to find my way out.

The midnight blue gown from that night was still here in this cell, I made some bandages from it to cover up the bloody fingers, and now that dress is nothing but a symbol of all I did to survive here. I haven't looked at my face in forever.

I once wished I wouldn't have to check my makeup every two seconds to make sure it looks good enough for the media, but to not look at it at all makes it even more difficult.

I once heard that talking to your reflection shows strength, that something inside you is still fighting. But what do you talk to when there isn't even a face to look at?

People say you can never get rid of your shadow, but shadows have no way of coming alive when you are in the dark. A shadow needs light to exist, and the light inside me died with the shadow I've been searching for.