Prologue

It's the year 2025. The Pacific is in war again. But not between United States or Japan, but between humanity itself and the so called Abyssals. Humanoid creatures from the depths of the ocean who are highly aggressive. They suddenly appeared and attacked everything in their path. They didn't stop with ships be it civilian or naval vessels. Their fleets attacked all major coastal cities. New York, Miami, San Francisco, Los Angeles and alike. All were destroyed and reduced in rubble  in mere hours. No conventional weapons, warships or aircraft could deal effective damage or even a target lock with them. They were too small to be targeted by any missiles and modern naval guns are too small in caliber, and too armored to be damaged by low caliber guns. Humanity was forced to withdraw.

 That was until in 2020, when Japan started to fight back with their new warships. Or more like living warships. These human looking creatures were to have spirits of warships. Especially those from the second world war. They have been proved to be extremely effective. They are capable of fighting and damaging Abyssals. Japan called them kanmusu, but the rest of the world knows them as shipgirls.

Japan however didn't want to share how to make or create them at first. They always said that only they were able to make them. However at the start of  spring of 2022, they invited a US Navy selected Admiral to visit them and said that they were willing to help them make their own shipgirls. The selected US Navy admiral for the shipgirl program was Fleet Admiral James Frederick Lee. However he insisted on selecting the Commander of shipgirls. If he would have been at least 20 years younger he wouldn't mind it but because he was already in his late fifties, he thought that he lacks energy and patience for it. After a couple of meetings and conferences. He selected one of his newly promoted Rear Admirals. One star Rear Admiral Amanda McClellan  and as her XO, her long time friend Captain Christina Evans, the newly promoted  captain of USS Halsey (DDG-97). To travel from their base in Pearl Harbor Hawaii to Yokosuka Naval base in Japan via air since it was too risky to make a multi billion dollar guided missile destroyer to sprint across the pacific with or even without escorts since the abyssals would pretty much throw anything at any ship.

Once they arrived on Naval Air Facility Atsugi and traveled to NavSta Yokosuka then to the Japanese side of the Base, Admiral Takahiro Nagumo welcomed them with a few girls behind him. One was Nagato and Mutsu and the other one was Ashigara as they introduced themselves after him. They didn't show any hint of disrespect or ill will to the two Americans officers, although Ashigara seemed to be skeptical about letting the American onto their base.

After introductions were over, Nagumo gave them a tour of the base. They were very well prepared for them and their future shipgirls. Three buildings were under their command. One building with the Admiral's Office or the American HQ, with a few bedrooms and bathrooms. The other two buildings were for their shipgirls. Both had about 30 bedrooms, 2 big bathrooms and one small hall. Everything else like mess hall, docks and training spaces were shared. They were also shown where shipgirls originates from. One room building with a 2.5m tall steel grey portal with dark blue liquid in it. To start the American shipgirl production, they were asked to touch the liquid in the portal with their dominant hand but since they were two, Nagumo said that the first one who shall touch it, has to be the one who will be in charge of the shipgirls, and then everybody else. Once McClellan touched it with her palm, nothing happened. Then Evans touched it too but the effect was still the same. Admiral Nagumo saw their confusion and told them this was normal and that they have to keep them there until something happens. After another couple of seconds the liquid started to make boiling motion and the Americans found out that they can't take their hands off. Ten seconds after the liquid surrounded their ring fingers and placed two skin tight rings with dark blue emeralds on them. Once the stone will have a light color, it indicates that a shipgirl is ready for summoning. After that was over and that liquid stopped boiling, they were able to get their hands off it. An American flag appeared on the side of the portal under the Japanese one with a number 0.