˗ˏˋsinging through tears ❥ remus lupin'ˎ˗

━type: one-shot

━author's note: Ah love that fades, what a tragedy. Especially when it's with someone you care so much about.

━warning(s): mentions of needles (no drug usage), alcohol.

━word count: 1,483

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It wasn't sunshine and roses anymore. The two of you were drifting away, you felt it. He did too. You'd go to dates, hand in hand, but the touch was no longer warming. It felt more of an obligation. What happened? When was the exact moment the two of you stopped being so crazy about each other? You did not know. All you knew was that you didn't want to let go.

Remus fit in your life so seamlessly, it was like you never knew how to live without him. His smile that brightened your day, he was caring in a way people were blind to. You had been so in love. Love, you mused. What a tragedy it is. It made you high, a high that you would never want to escape. A high that was slowly fading as the reality gripped you on your sides hurting like needles. You sniffed, pulling your legs closer to yourself. The room was empty, your bed ever so comfortable under you. Tears poked your eyes.

"Shit," you groaned as you jangled the door as hardly as you could. You tried to breathe.

"I don't think they'll let us out anytime soon," Remus whispered behind you. You closed your eyes shut as James words rang in your ears, you gotta tell him. You went to stand beside him, the storage room giving you little space to move around. The walls were full of racks of jars containing spices, cheese and other condiments. You glanced towards Remus and watched him as he looked down on the floor. He was rubbing his thumb over his jeans pocket, something you learnt he did when nervous.

"Stop looking at me," he said making you flush and look away. You bit your lip. The air felt heavy. James and you were childhood friends before you moved to live in a different country. It was like nothing changed when you were back. You quickly caught on to the group becoming close as if you were meant to be. You fancied Remus. A lot. Everything about him screamed books, sugar and sassiness. You were swoon and he didn't even know.

"Why are you feeling so uncomfortable Remus?" you asked softly as his head snapped towards you.

"I'm not-" he started as you gave him a look. He sighed.

"I have to ask you something," he whispered so slowly you thought your mind made it up. He looked away, almost abashed.

"Yes?"

"I was wondering," he started, as you looked at him in anticipation. "I was wondering whether we could go to Hogsmeade together this weekend."

Your heart skipped a beat and your mouth felt dry.

"We always go together, Remus-"

"Like a date."

You looked at him as he bit on his low-lip, half-smiling.

"Yes," you whispered.

Remus's eyes sparkled then, a sparkle you knew your own had too.

Your head fell back as you remembered your first date with him. Just how easy it was. The two of you talked the evening away, walking through the edge of forbidden forest after. You'd felt so happy. You could still feel how his lips pressed against yours that night, soft and hesitant. You'd been on countless with him ever since. Remus was the perfect boyfriend. You had so many firsts with him. You had your first sip of alcohol with him, he was the first person you kissed...