Lets Meet The New Owner

Sitting in the dark helps me think and right now that's exactly what I'm doing, as I wait for the auction to start I stay in this dark tunnel I can't see a thing the rooms so dark I can't even manage to get a clear view of my finger tips. When I sit in this tunnel I think of my mom, I can imagine her smiling at me telling me everything was going to be ok, but it's not I'm not ok, I haven't been ok for a long time. Before they took me away from mom she would always say just be brave and we can get through this together. It's been so long since I've seen her I can hardly remember what she looks like, I was five when I was taken away to be sold into slavery, and I have been living like this for the past eleven years of my life.

My train of thought was interrupted by a grinding sound that I recognized as soon as I heard it, it was the lid to the tunnel opening. i stood up getting ready to be pulled out by the men. As the light shined through it pierced my eyes and I fell down covering them and let out a gasps that was more like a raspy moan. the men laughed as they pulled me out. then laid me on the ground. I was curled up in a ball with my hands over my eyes trying to keep the light out. "What a baby." one of the men said kicking my back. I wanted to get up and punch him were it hurts then we will see who's the baby... but what's the point just so he could swing his whip at me and make me look like a fool?

As they dragged me towards the other slaves I saw that some of my friends were being sold today, it looked like Maggie and Whestly!

They tied me up right next to Maggie and then pushed us over to this prison were we stay in until its our turn to be auctioned off.

I looked over at my friends but everyone else was just staring at the ground. "So... how did you get kicked out?" I said directing my attention on Maggie. She just sat still, she looked lifeless not moving even the slightest bit. I wander what could have happened because Maggie is not a bad worker and she is beautiful for a slave girl, so why wouldn't they want her? as I finished thinking about Maggie one of the guards opened the gates and looked around at us as if we were watermelon and he was trying to find one that wasn't bruised. his eyes widened as they landed on Maggie who was almost perfect in view with her long chestnut hair and her warm brown eyes that looked like melted chocolate, the only thing missing was nice clothes and a clean face so you could see her little freckles.

The guard walked over to her and grabbed her by the wrist then he pulled her up with a awful hard tug that surely could have dislocated her shoulders. she looked up at him her chocolate eyes starred at him so wide it was as if they were going to pop right out of her head. "Stop it!" I yelled standing up. "Adrian it's ok I'm going." Maggie said as a sorrowful tear ran down her dirty face leaving a trail of washed skin as it went. "You can't treat her like that!" I yelled putting on. a tuff face so I could hide the fact that my heart was beating so hard you could see it through my shirt. The man just let out a ridiculous laugh and threw Maggie to the floor. "ouch!" Maggie wept as her fragile body hit the floor like an antique vase that has shattered all around the room. "Thats it!" I yelled as I ran punched the man in the stomach...