Chapter One- Trouble with Tori

Author's note: Yea I had to drag Gary into this, it was definitly sus how Tori's mom acted around him. Also this is the first part of my first sort of fanfic i have written so I'm kind of nervous, but I really wanted to give this a shot so here it is, and once again I don't own the characters and  TW for all the chapters!!

Tori Vega sat at the lunch table with her friends Andre, Cat, Beck, Robbie, and of course Robbie's puppet, Rex. Tori was sitting directly beside Beck, to his right. Cat, Andre and Robbie (and Rex) sat across from them. The seat on Beck's left was reserved for his girlfriend, Jade- that is, if she bothered to show up. Jade wasn't a real "people person"- in fact, every single one of them greatly irritated her. Beck was the only one who could calm her. And sometimes Tori. Tori was the one Jade acted like she could tolerate least of all, always picking on her more than everyone else. However, despite Jade's torment, Tori was one of the only people who didn't seem terrified of Jade. When they'd first met, Tori did kiss Beck as revenge on Jade for pouring coffee on her. And- an incident that particularly stuck with Jade- when Tori caught Beck and a Stage fighting instructor, Russ, play-fighting and panicked, in a jealous outburst Jade of course demanded to know why Tori cared so much, to which Tori strongly replied, "I figured he suffers enough pain dating you." She had no trouble fighting Jade back, but later on, even after finding out that Jade had faked a black eye to get Tori into trouble, Tori still hadn't told on Jade, claiming she didn't want to fight all the time. That confused Jade. Why isn't tori afraid? Why is she so desperate to become friends with me? Haven't I made it clear that I don't want that? It made her nervous knowing she didn't hold the same power over Tori that she could hold over other people.

The thing was, Tori was also extremely fascinated by Jade, and had been since the day she met her. Their first impressions of each other were rough- Tori spilled coffee on Beck and was rubbing it off of his shirt, and Jade burst in and saw, furiously demanding, "dude, quit rubbing my boyfriend." Still, Tori found it hard to hate her and still remained determined to befriend Jade. She couldn't quite put her finger on it, but Jade was just so... intriguing. And sometimes she wasn't that bad, right? Like when she asked for my help when her and Beck broke up. Tori told herself. And she's really supportive of my singing, even though she makes fun of it I always see her clapping in the audience. A small smile spread across Tori's lips just thinking about it. She knew deep down, there was much more to Jade than what met the eye. She longed to know Jade better. But Jade hates me. Tori reminded herself, her smile fading. There was that time she tricked me into riding to school with her so she could kill me-

"Earth to Tori!" Tori was brought back to reality by the voice of Andre, who was waving his hand in front of her face.
Tori let out a little chuckle. "Sorry, I've got a lot on my mind."
"No worries," Andre replied with a reassuring smile. "What's got you so distracted?"
"Well it's-" Tori began to say. "I've been-" she looked over at everyone. She loved her friends dearly, but she knew this was something she couldn't tell them.
"You haven't talked to us much lately," Cat butted in, then pouted. "Don't you like us anymore?"
"Yes!" Tori replied instantly. "It's just... it's not important."
"Seriously Tori," Beck said- leaning in a tiny bit closer to her face, "are you okay? Cat's right. You have been distancing yourself from us." Why does he have to get so close. No wonder Jade always thinks I'm trying to steal him.
Beck was a really kindhearted boy who cared deeply about all of his friends. Seeing Tori this way upset him, but he feared upsetting his girlfriend if he cared too much. God, he cared so much about Jade, but she was so jealous. Over everything. The two had broken up and gotten back together several times. Each time, Beck somehow expected Jade to become nicer, but she kept the same hostile energy. Loving her was difficult, and he liked the challenge- but boy was it a challenge. Beck also wasn't an idiot. He saw the way Tori looked at Jade. And the way Jade looked at Tori behind Tori's back was anything but hateful. He wasn't mad, he knew Tori would never sabotage their relationship- in fact, she helped them get back together- but deep down he questioned if it wasn't him Jade fancied, but Tori. Besides himself, Beck knew that Tori was the only one who could help control Jade's awful temper-Until recently. Tori hadn't wanted anything to do with any of them it seemed. He felt bad for thinking it, but he was struggling to keep up with Jade on his own, and he wondered if Jade missed Tori hanging around as much too.