Part 1 Activation

The water fills up the car quickly, the cold liquid send shivers up my spine as it reaches my knees and starts to soak through the car seat.
I can hear my own fast paced breathing mingling with my parents' in my ears. It's all I can hear. The doors won't open, the pressure it too much for dad's football muscles, or mom's Pilates'.
It all happened so fast, I can still feel the extra wind in my window as the biker sped past. The swish in my stomach as the car swerves to avoid the two wheeled speeder.

And then all of the sudden, the free fall sensation as we fell off the bridge. In the air I can see the dark brown hair of my mom's straight mane fall up into the air against the gravity, her eyes widening in shock,
her quirk; Disappointment: a sigh with the quirk activated makes everyone within a vicinity disappointed and unhappy with themselves.

I look over to my dad, who is yelling and growing redder than his usually pink skin, as though he isn't breathing. Breath hitched as the situation starts to sink in.
His quirk, Molecular Shift: his mind can change the molecular make up of objects to make other objects of the same mass so long as he understands the make up of both items.

The water serves as a cruel reminder me of where I still am. The water has reached my waist, and the sensation sends shivers up my spine.
The windows won't open. The doors won't open. We're stuck.
The air seems to think, it gets harder to breathe. I'm sucking in air too fast, I'm hyperventilating.
Why did I have to go to that highschool tour? I didn't even want to go there.
It's mid grade 8, and I have to choose where I'll go next year.
I just wanna go to UA, but I can't depend on that, because I still haven't gotten my quirk. I'm still gonna try the hero course test, but I'm also applying to the General Education course. Either way, dad said it would be best to have a back-up.

I take a deep breath in.

We need a hammer or something. Dad's too panicked to use his quirk. We'll die.
We need a hammer.
We need a hammer.

I breath out. The air disappears somewhere before it leaves my mouth. I can feel the air suddenly against my hand.
My hand is bleeding from slamming it against the glass.
There's a hammer where my breath went.

I break the fucking glass.
It shatters around me and the water rushes in too fast to dodge, I'm gonna need stitches.

I squeeze my eyes shut against the force.

"Psst, Ellie!"

I squeeze my eyes harder.

"Ellie~ I need help with number 3"

My eyes open to the bright sun of the window. It stings my eyes and I close them quickly.

I open them again, and start to blink really fast. The world is a blur of greens and yellows behind my lashes.

My eyes come into focus and I'm met with the window to the field, the grass vibrant and contrasting with the dark brown of the mud from kids running around. The sun shines into my eyes from between the small leaves of the trees, a bright yellow that looks majestic between branches swaying in the light wind of mid spring.

"Ellieeeeee~"

I turn around to see who was addressing me, having to take my head off my sweaty palm to see him.

Samuel, he has dark brown eyes, and dirty blond hair. He's been one of my only friends since grade 1, when I still hadn't gotten my quirk and people started the bullying.
His quirk is a simple control of water one.
Pretty common, so he never had any reaction to his quirk, positive or negative.
He wants to be an engineer, but he's failing math so he's keeping his mind open to a simple office job.

"Question three, what the fuck is a negative reciprocal???"

See? Failing math.
"When you make it a fraction, flip it, and make it the opposite integer to what it was before. With slopes it's how you find the equation for the perpendicular line."

"Oh. Did we learn that?"

"No, it's grade 9 math. We're testing what we know so far, for the teachers teaching grade nine public school. We did however learn reciprocals. Last year."

"Huh. Well, I guess I wasn't paying attention."

"You skipped to buy me my birthday present that day, so I took notes for you."

"Ah yes, how did you like the high tech lighter by the way?"

Instead of responding to Samuel I pull the flint and steel waterproof lighter from the chain on my neck, up from in my shirt.

"Ah, I'm still proud of that gift by the way."

I roll my eyes instead of responding.

"Eyes on your own papers, people."
Mr. Nakamura drawls from the front of the class.

My eyes shift to my notebook and I smile at my hero costume sketch.
My quirk is a mutation quirk, and a blend of my parents' quirks. I create, like my dad, but I don't need to know the molecular make up, instead it's made of my breath. The air in my lungs.
Which I get from my mom.
It's a mutation, but internal. I have extra big lungs to hold a higher air capacity. And therefore a bigger chest. It makes things awkward sometimes.
Especially because my waist is smaller than normal, and I got my mom's wide hips.

I twirl my long, wavy, silver hair between my forefingers on my right hand.
My hero costume has to be stretchy and form fitting to aid my lungs.
For training I should probably get used to corsets so I can make more of my air in the long run, so I'll need open chested, stretchy, form fitting clothes that include a removable corset.

My quirk gives me a weakness for fire quirks because of the smoke, so I should probably design a mask that'll filter the air to be clean while not limiting my intake.

I don't really like being right in the spotlight, so I should pursue the underground hero route. That means black clothing.
It should also be stylish, because obviously. And reflecting light into someone's eyes could help in a close fight, so maybe something reflective.
The shirt should be off the shoulders completely, to maximize chest space.
With doing this though, to keep it up it would have to tie somewhere around my neck to keep it up in a fight. The choker needs to be stretchy to not limit the airway in my throat, and I can make it something defensive to protect my throat.
The fabric needs to be black, shiny, stretchy, form fitting, and durable.
My shoes should cover my ankles, because that's a target point that people forget about often.
So black matching boots with extra grip, and what about a heel? To kick into people? Yes.

I'm drawing this and realizing that it looks like a nock off Catwoman suit so far. Maybe she was right about the visors to have heat vision and night vision settings. And to keep dust particles out of her eyes. I'll do that too, although it should be a visor that I can flip up as well. Something small and manageable.
I should also have a utility belt, with lots of pouches, with smoke bombs, rope, a flashlight, maybe a ziplock baggy for evidence. What about a compartment for gasoline? Yes.

I finished my sketch, with lines leading off to descriptions for what exactly is want each part to be and do.

I smile down at it.
This is gonna be fucking epic.

A/N:
I hope you like it, I've got a lot of steamy things planned for her. Her name is Castiel btw. I won't update often, and the plot isn't actually planned out at the moment. But I think I'll have fun with this one. Stay posted my dudes. And may the Potato Mafia never catch up to you.