Chapter 11: No Hope

Over a year and a half had passed since the Drougs invaded. Since Emmilia went missing. Since the Ardoni Masters perished. Since the kingdoms fell under siege. Since Ardonia went dark. The scene opened in Sendaria, with Milan, Fisheus, and several more Sendaris riding into battle on the backs of horses to liberate their home. The war had been going on for several months, and neither Emmilia or the Prime Songs were to be found. The battles were fierce; explosions dotting the battlefield, smoke clouding the skies, trees standing leafless, Ardoni and Droug dying from gunfire. Milan, being the commander, was the most skilled in the division, and led the charge. Many Ardoni had been fortunate enough to be equipped with Droug weapons which gave them a small boost in power. Milan fought with a plasma gun, Sendar, and his own broadsword. Fisheus fought alongside his comrades. Even after the battle raged on for days, the Ardoni just couldn't get a significant amount of land back.

In Nestoria, Esaria also led the Nestoris to fight for their home. Even Adarian, once a simple weapons vendor, fought in the army as a soldier. The Zuldoris who followed Flirian had disappeared; gone without a trace.

The same was happening in Mendoria, Hylis was pacing around in a cave with the commanders of war. Battles were being waged all over the province and beyond. Her people were growing weary. Morado fought as a high ranking soldier in the front lines, risking his life along with his brothers every day.

Hylis: "I should be out there with our soldiers. Every day casualties increase. I need to be there to help them."

Morado: "I promised your father that I would protect you. I won't let you go out there. I can't. We need you here to lead the clan, Hylis. If something were to happen to you, our people would lose all hope in this war."

In Voltaria, the clan was lost. They had no master or Prime Songs that promised victory. They had to fend for themselves. However, one scientist, Dystrion Voltaris, was analyzing and attempting to develop more Droug weapons for his clan. But the Voltaris couldn't rely on this, as it was a solution that would take days to achieve, and had to fight on their own.

No clan was able to receive support from the other, as everyone was locked in their own battles and skirmishes, nor could they seek the help of the kingdoms, who were also otherwise engaged. Fortunately, small rebellions had sparked all over Ardonia and had contact with the kingdoms and Ardoni clans. Ataraxia had become the base of operations for these said rebels. An important meeting had just been called with some of the members of the alliance by Milan.

Important members of the alliance who were present in Ataraxia included Master Milan, Fisheus, Flixii, Wendy, Adarian, Master Hylis, Morado, Master Cyclone, Haden and Ava, the Northwind captain. She was a young, attractive, blonde girl with blue eyes. Other than them, there were a few other humans, Magnorites, Felinas and Ardoni of all clans. These were the rare times in the war where the Ardonian people stood united. They greeted each other, but they were all as serious and solemn as everyone else. An Enderdragon laid outside in the grass, resting. Milan entered the room, using Sendar as his walking staff.

Milan: "I wish we wouldn't have to meet only when there is a crisis, but that is sadly the case. Ardonia is divided and the Drougs know that. They are keeping us split up to prevent us from defeating them. But this meeting right here, right now, is a sign that unity can still exist. We must keep doing this at a larger scale and help each other in this war."

Adarian: "That's easier said than done. The Drougs have us pinned to the ground and you expect us to just go wherever and abandon our homes?"

Morado: "Milan speaks some truth. We are pinned because no one can help. But if we make the smallest effort to pull away from our own battles, just like we're doing now, the combined allies could overrun the Drougs."