Chapter 1

Sal frowned as he felt Stefen hitting again. They were outside, fighting again and training with the other guards and some soldiers.
His blue eyes sparkling in the sun as it slowly set. He'd always have to train harder than everyone else, he was The King's guard after all.
The Fishers were always the guards of the King. They were the best, as they should!

However, after Henry died everyone seemed to lose faith in them. It was hard for both Sal and Stefen. Having to focus on so many things, he was barely 18, and Stefen was still taking care of him.
They would've never talked about Diane tho, it was like she never even existed, or at least that's what Sal would say to his brother. How it hurt to think he's the reason why she died. But he's cried enough about that. The blue haired boy would refuse to cry about things like that anymore.

Sal couldn't help but flinch as he felt Stefen's sword swing past his shoulder and backed up, yelping at the weak point he's given the other.
“You're distracted” Stefen simply said as he stopped, even if Sal tried to retake the fight. It was clear that Stefen was much better at fighting than Sal, and Sal still had a lot to work on, but Stefen would never go too hard on him.

Sal looked up at his brother, kind of embarrassed with his mistakes, then slowly looked away and down.
“I'm s-sorry, I'll try harder. It is not that I am distracted I am just... It happened that a lot of things are going on lately and I cannot help but keep thinking about them..” Sal muttered under his mask quietly and retook a fight position.
“Is it so?” Stefen asked and copied Sal, just starting off easily and doing simple moves.

The sound of their swords was pretty loud along with the other guards there training in pairs of two as well.

They were in the side garden, or well, now it was pretty much their training place since The King approved it. In the summer time it was easier to train there, they'd try to make it inside tho when winter would come, but the little guards would always be around so they'd end up outside anyway.

Oh, about The King, he was there, watching them from his big chair on his little platform as usual. It was pretty boring by now, but everyday Sal would find someone to keep up a good fight with, so that was the only entertaining thing that would happen during the training. Not that it had to be entertaining...

“I mean, yes, I think so at least” Sal finally replied after taking a deep breath. But Stefen didn't really need a reply as he went to continue his sentence.
“Or is it a lady around that caught your eye, and you can't concentrate on your work anymore” Stefen had a little bit of a grinny smirk on his face as he glared at Sal. Who only rolled his eyes and shook his head.
“Definitely not.” he said as Stefen chuckled a bit and eventually backed up, dropping his sword and catching his breath. Just a second later the King announced the training was over. He'd always be so in time.

Sal came closer, walking to their table and went to drink some water.
“Are we staying late?” he asked after buckling the bottom of his mask back on. Usually the two brothers would stay over program for some extra training, it only depended on how hungry they were.

Stefen drank some water as well, inspecting as everyone left before looking back at Sal and nodding a little.
“Affirmative, I thought I could teach you something new today” he'd say before going to repatch his armour. It had claps like Sal's prosthetic, but stronger, and it was from a kind of skin that was very hard, and thick. It was wrapped around his tighs, arms, forearms, chest and shins and tibias. It would reveal the ankles and elbows, but it was more important to protect their muscles now wasn't it? Sal's armour was pretty messed up tho, it was ripped all over and broke, but he couldn't care less. Their uniform was pretty comfy tho, besides the armour that sucked they could only wear a shirt underneath and baggy pants with socks and shoes and they were ready to go.