Prologue

This is it.

I looked down at the papers is in front of me and fought to hold the tears back. I quickly read through the pages and initialed my name in the designated spots. Kourt was right next to me and for that I was grateful. I cursed as I felt a tear slip from my eye and down my cheek. I quickly wiped it away and flipped to the last page where I had to print and sign my whole name. I held the pen hesitantly. Did I really want to do this? I would be throwing away the last four years of my life. The love that I had. I knew in my heart that I would always love Lamar, there was no doubt about it but I had to do this. I had to move on. I printed my name on the proper line before signing my signature on the line next to it.

It was over.

My divorce was final.

I was now just Khloé Kardashian.

I looked over to Kourtney, whose eyes showed sympathy. I then looked to my lawyer, who said that everything was complete and that it was officially final. He wished me luck before gathering the sheets of paper, putting them in his briefcase and leaving the room to just me and my older sister.

"Khloé, everything will be okay." She tries to comfort. I just nod. It won't be okay. My marriage was over and I was alone. Of course I wasn't literally alone but the hole that was in my heart was just one my family could not fill.

We leave the office and I hurry to my car as the paparazzi took pictures of us. The car ride to Kourt's house is silent. I didn't want to talk and she knew that. Kourt tries to make me stay over with her, Mason and P but I just didn't want to. All I want to do is go home, change into my softest pyjamas, crawl into bed and never leave. I don't really want to see anyone because all I'd get is pity. Sad eyes and "comforting" words that would do nothing but pour salt into the wound.

As soon I got home, I changed into my pyjamas and got into bed. Just as my head touches the pillow, tears pour from my eyes and sobs leave my mouth, echoing through my whole body. My hand comes up to my mouth to try to keep all in but I can't. I want to scream and yell and break anything and everything I can find. I'm so angry at my self and at him and at the world. As the tears begin to die down, I wipe my eyes and let my breathing even before drifting into a dreamless and hopefully, nightmare free sleep.