Chapitre I

It's a Sunday, nothing more normal than a Sunday. The weather is warm and everyone is working on their homework at shiratorizawa or chilling outside just relaxing with their friends.
Or if you are like Ushijima Wakatoshi, you are in the gymnase to train in Volleyball because Volleyball is what is the most important thing in your life. Even if the people think Ushijima is a gifted kid in Volleyball, the fact that he trained himself during long and hard hours couldn't be taken from him.
So this Sunday, Ushijima was training with Semi and Goshiki who always accepted to train a little more with him. Semi would toss the ball, Ushijima would spike and Goshiki would try to block.
The volleyball team was good enough to go to national, good aces, good setters but not a particularly good middle blocker that will get noticed. It was a good team except for the defense which was just a normal defense which the coach would always complain on the middle blocker that couldn't care less.
So during this warm Sunday, after couple of hours training. Semi and Goshiki seemed to had enough. Goshiki showed that he was exhausted, lying on the floor on the other side of the court.

Goshiki : Ushijima-senpai..! Please can we stop for today..! I'm so exhausted I can't block anymore..!

Semi : I have an essay due for tomorrow and I didn't finish it so if we can stop it will good for me too.. Plus, I'm starting to have cramps..

Ushijima took the ball in his hands and looked to them with a very neutral expression, just like everytime, Ushijima wouldn't show so much of form of sensibility or just human emotions.

Ushijima : okay. Thank you for helping me today. I appreciate that. I'll stay a little longer, I'll clean everything don't worry about it.

Goshiki let out some sort of weird sigh that ended up in a gremlin alike scream. He seemed happy from the idea he wouldn't suffer any longer. Semi showed a little smile on his face to Ushijima.

Semi : thank you Ushijima.. Have a good day! He said waving at Ushijima while walking out of the court picking up Goshiki. Come on get up Goshiki your legs are still here!

Goshiki got up with the help of Semi and waved weirdly at Ushijima while they both get out of the gymnase. Ushijima looked at the door closing and started to pick up all the volley balls to put them in their place. He liked silence but sometimes he would just start randomly humming a little melody when he's alone. A song not that famous he always loved but nobody seemed to appreciate it. He was humming the melody while cleaning the court. But then, all of sudden he started to hear a sweet voice singing from the back room of the gymnase. The voice was singing the same song he was humming. Ushijima stopped everything he was doing, also stopping to humms the song. He silently walked to the back room where all the cleaning stuff was stored. He leaned his head against the door slightly open and listened to this voice he never heard before singing the song he always loved so much. He was sure nobody was there, so who could it be? Not someone from the team, they're all gone doing their stuffs. Maybe a lonely student? But who like to go hide here?
There wasn't any sound anymore but then he heard a laugh, a warm laugh and some mutters of a weird voice. Ushijima opened slowly the door, walking inside. Looking for the person who owned this voice. He looked around to finally see a tall guy, with red hair up on his head, beautiful red eyes, wearing a white shirt and the pants of the shiratorizawa uniform. His shirt was slightly open at the top, leaving his throat at fresh air. He had some sports baskets and had bandages all around his fingers. He was giggling, playing with a very old volley ball nobody uses anymore because it's too old and bad for playing. Ushijima was standing there with a broom in one hand, looking at the red haired guy. He saw the red eyes of the guy meeting his and the guy then stopped giggling but he was still playing with his ball. He was looking right into Ushijima eyes who wasn't even slightly moving. The red haired guy then let out a tiny chuckle and looked back at the old ball shaking his head slightly. Ushijima was a little perturbed by his reaction.