IV

-:-
Just Temporary

*****

Giada finishes lacing up her sneakers, hops up to her feet and walks out of her room. She zips up her jacket then takes off on her morning run. She glances down at her smart watch as she runs, keeping track of her laps and how her heart is keeping up. The day is kind of cold, cool enough that she barely works up a sweat from the low temperature in the air.

Once Giada has run her desired miles around the schools, she stops and stretches at the empty field, panting from the effort.

After evening out her breath, like every morning she has time, she does yoga. She clears her mind for her day ahead, not doing anything excessive since it's a cool down today.

Once she's finished her alone time, she stretches once more, then jogs to the library, already seeing the fire department's arson investigation team in the works.

"Good morning Captian." Giada chirps, her hands stuffed in her pockets as she stares at the tall firefighter. "I'm reporting in to start with the search." She says, referring to the digging they were supposed to do. Giada was to check everything with identifying the remnants of things that could scarcely be recovered.

"You haven't heard?" He asks, looking at his clipboard and Giada shakes her head in confusion. "I was told that, because of unsaid reasons, you aren't supposed to help. I'm sorry Giada, but you're not allowed near this investigation anymore."

"Why? Have I done something wrong?" She asks puzzled and he shakes his head.

"I wasn't given a reason, I wouldn't be able to tell you that. But as far as I'm concerned, you've been great and we've enjoyed working with your fast wit." He tells her and she nods.

"Well thank you anyways. I'm going to get to the bottom of this. See you around I guess." Giada turns around and makes her way to the office, needing to speak to either the principal or the vice principal.

Ever since the day before, when her and the other seniors got questioned, things have been a little odd.

*****

"...haven't done anything wrong! The fact that I'm being treated as a suspect in a case I have done nothing but helped with...Gosh this is so ridiculous." As T enters the offices to see the vice principal, the girl from the day before with the interrogation stuff storms out.

"Miss. Nubia this is only temporary I'm sure." T hears the vice principal say and she holds up her hand and goes past, storming off and leaving T absolutely stunned and confused as he then turns to look at the vice principal.

"Sir, can I have a word?" He says, stuffing his hands into his jacket pockets and the man nods and motions him in. T follows the vice principal into his office and closes the door behind him.

"What can I do for you Mr. Cash?" He asks once they've sat down.

"Adonis and I were heading off campus today since it's a weekend day, but security denied us from leaving campus. What's the deal with that?" T says, annoyed that him and his friend won't be able to go see the movie they wanted to head to.

"Well, since there's an ongoing investigation continuing at the moment, some precautions have to be taken. Temporary of course." The vice principal emphasises and T nods, still not hearing the reason in his point.

"Everyone else was allowed to leave. Just him and I were restricted." He says again, just in case the vice principal didn't hear him the first time. "Why are we the only ones obligated to follow these restrictions?"